1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Condition 1,2 or 3?

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by NonPCnraRN, Dec 28, 2009.

1. NonPCnraRN

NonPCnraRN New Member

In what condition do you carry your 1911s, 1, 2 or 3? If you keep it in the house do you keep it in a different condition? Example, do you carry it cocked and locked, but leave it in the nightstand with an empty chamber? I use condition 3 and 1. If the hammer is cocked it is assumed to have a round in the chamber and has the safety on. If the hammer is down it is assumed that it has an empty chamber. I always check before handling the gun for dry fire practice, ect. But if I were to need the gun quickly for a SD situation I would rack the slide to ensure I had a round in the chamber. The worst that can happen is that I would start out with a 6 shot semiauto instead of a 7 shot semiauto. Your thoughts.
  2. more forty fives

more forty fives New Member

Hi,I keep my 1911 cocked and locked 24-7.I have no more young children around any more so I feel better with it ready to go.Makes it easier for my wife. She won't use any of my DAO gun's kinda strange but ya have to keep them happy.:D
  3. NonPCnraRN

NonPCnraRN New Member

I know what you mean about keeping them happy. I have 2 safes because I discovered a long time ago that if I get a gun, she gets jewelry equalling the cost of the gun. It has worked for 30 years. Until she learns the 1911 she has a Glock 23 and 27 at her disposal should she need them. She likes the heft and feel of the full size 1911 and wants to learn to use it. Maybe she needs one of her own?
  4. curulz

curulz New Member

so if you buy her a gun, will you then go and buy yourself some jewelry?
  5. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

Ha! I'd rather have a gun (and I am a jeweler! LOL!!)
  6. 45nut

45nut Active Member

To the question; Condition 1 all the time on both of my 1911's. I don't want to have to rack the slide or cock it, just drop the safety and then the hammer. :D
  7. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Condition 1 at all times. No guessing, no looking, no worries! It's always loaded, and ready to go, as is all of my guns!
  8. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Condition 1.
  9. curulz

curulz New Member

ditto

I even keep my HK USP compact cocked and locked