1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

confession of a gun nut

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 22dave, Feb 20, 2009.

1. 22dave

22dave New Member

Because I am a giant tool and cannot think in advance, I will be spending a week improving the gun safe. Unfortunately, I bought a cheap, sheet metal POS. I spent a lot of time and money welding angles, flat bar and additional hasps onto it. Now, I will be adding several inches of drywall for fire protection.

I should have just bought a good one. Maybe I will listen to my wife next time.

Question for the forum: Home made or purchased?
  2. icm856

icm856 New Member

Hows the lock on that safe of yours???:rolleyes:
  3. 22dave

22dave New Member

Regular key lock w/internal bars top and bottom + concealed shackle padlocks + N.O. switch & relay wired to alarm system + loud dog + additional home owners insurance .
  4. kingnothingugm

kingnothingugm Member

I purchased my safe. It was $30. Roughly 1/4" nylon and velcro. It only holds one firearm...but that one protects the others. When I'm not home my neighbor has the same safe...and in my absence, his safe protects both of our firearms. All my neighbors are like this.