Confession

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by JLA, May 28, 2012.

1. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I have a confession to make fellas. All these years ive teased the glocks and glockies. Never much cared for the plaztik wonders and decided I never would.

Well my lil bro bought his first handgun a couple weeks back and has been on me periodically since then to take him over to my range and run him thru a CCW qualification session. Well, Ive messed with Gen 1 glocks, Gen 2 and Gen 3 glocks, and I knew the Gen 4s came out last year and I assumed theyd be a little more of the same so aint bothered to even try to board that boat. Well somethins different. My bro bought a Gen 4 G22, and at first i told him.. Dude, you shoulda just bought a Citadel 1911 or a CZ 75, but I took the time to shoot it a little eariler today and, well, it felt good in my hands, hit to POA, and functioned flawlessly, something none of the other 3 Gens have done at the same time for me since I started messin with firearms..

It saddens me a little to admit that i am actually thinkin about adding a Gen 4 to my collection of pistols.

I still love my 1911s and prefer them over the plaztik, but i think imma get a Glock. Prolly gonna be a .40 too.
  2. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

That is good to hear. You have to admit that when a gun company can make an improvement for the better that's a good thing. And nothing wrong with Glock, except 1911's IMO are superior. When they can beat that, that will be the day. Until then, enjoy the Glock, but pack what you prefer. And once again, nothin wrong with a Glock.
  3. ka64

ka64 Well-Known Member

4. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Im not proud of it.. But I gotta admit when something jives for me. even if its something ive advised against for so long.

And Jim, 1911s are superior. Glocks would be too if JMB had designed them instead of rubbermaid.. ;)
  5. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

I came across a deal on a NIB Glock model 30 in .45 ACP. I turned it down at first. I've handled Glocks but never fired one live and I never liked anything about them. Well I thought it over and decided what the hey, if I don't like it I can sell it. I didn't like it. Traded it to somebody else that thought he wanted a Glock and had a spiffy 1911 he was willing to give up for it.
  6. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

And that is the one good thing about a Glock. They do have a bit of resale. They are very well known to gun gurus and non-shooters alike and its easy to get close to or more than your initial investment should you need to sell it, or trade it..
  7. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

good greif dont say anything about 1911's around glockie they go rabid

heck last 5 times i've asked questions about glocks the threads been canned , never got a question on glocks answered yet!!! glock owners cannot be questioned ( like obama) they just snarl and pretend you asked a different question and give you THAT answer

and never say , thats not what i asked... heck then it gets really bad on how all other guns suck ( like al sharpton all white folks are evil ) etc etc etc

you think i jest 5 times i asked here over the years for glockies help , 5 times the same crew end up attacking me or ridiculing me cause i dont own a glock and dont use em so ask about em

( i was looking at buying one here earlier this year but the feed back when i asked questions here and the real world showed me i ran the risk of turning into like creatures so i resisted ) ..
  8. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Well go ahead Jack, buy one and Ill buy one and if we turn into liberals then we can start a support group. sounds good to me, and youd be a top pick for someone to be stuck in a fox hole next to. ;)
  9. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

I'm with you Josh. A year ago I purchased a new Gen 4 Glock 19 just to see for my self what all the Glock hype was all about. To my eye it ain't pretty, no way. It is striker fired which gives some a problem. It has a lot of polymer but it is not alone in that department. It is not my favorite pistol by any means. But it is by far the easiest to shoot well pistol I ever picked up. The very first mag full had two failures to eject properly with UMC bulk 115gr. ammo. Since then there have been many hundred rounds down the tube most of which were my reloads of 124gr. Rem or Win fmj and there has not been any problems or failures since that first mag. It just works, ain't pretty, and not a favorite, just works and works well. I can see why many people like them. I won't knock them but I will probably not buy another one. Just too many other pistols out there that I would rather have.
  10. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

no chance of me becoming liberal

its becoming a know it all who can never answer a simple question i fear most as that what happens

how many time i asked about glocks , never got a simple straight answer ONCE ..

i get folks here bring them to me when they go wrong bad or broke , but thats it ..

gent bought a karshan ( hand made by the maker) let me fire that

asked a heap of folks that i've loaned weapons too whom own glocks

no answer no explanation , no semblence of respect when responding to my question with snarls and grunts

so no i'll never own a glock and its glock owners i have to thank for it ..

never met a decent one and i'm thinking it may be a damn good way to be

Glockless ... and remaining so

i bought the witness as other witness owners here and here in the forums answered all my questions , loaned me their piece to try even

from Glock folks , i got insults or derision ..

i wont buy a gun without knowing stuff about it , first hand experiences i can trust or tried it myself

cant do that with glocks as their owners dont know anything or cant repeat what they know , aint sure there

got the witness and aint looked back , i outshoot the glockies whenever i feel like , a few have come over and asked about the witness and what i have done to make it so accurate ( nothing ) ...

i'll let em rip off a mag or two .. cause i aint a glockie ..

and stayin that way
    Last edited: May 28, 2012
  11. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Yea, they shoot fine and are dependable. They are still butt ugly and I wont be spending any of my money on one. But, I am happy for you.
  12. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

They are kinda like a minivan. Butt ugly vehicles and nobody wants to admit they have one but they are oh so nice when youre riding 7 people down the freeway in cool comfortable A/C. When im driving the minivan i just pretend im driving an SUV. so I suppose when i shoot a Glock ill just pretend is a 1911. ;)
  13. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Looks like a pretty good definition of liberal to me.. ;)
  14. garydude

garydude Member

Hey Josh, if it's plastic you're a wanting, how bout an XDM or an M&P?
    Might fit the bill.
  15. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

That would take a lot of pretending.:D
  16. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Butt ugly and not liked but it works. Are we talking about Glocks or Hi-Points?

Seriously, I am no Glock fan, but they are good guns for what a gun, when you come down to the crunch, is made for. When things get hot at the modern equivalent of the OK Corral, pretty is not a big factor.

Jim
  17. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Ive already had an XD, the trigger safety pinched my finger. Dont care for the grip on the M&P. BIL has one, and it feels stubby in my hands.
  18. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

EDIT: I didn't read the post above you where you said you've had an XD. Was going to suggest it, cause my friend got a sub-compact XD9 last year that he let me shoot a little and I liked it better than the Glock.
    Last edited: May 28, 2012
  19. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

Welcome to the Glock side or is it the dark side.:D:D: BTW i do own a Remington Rand 1911,and thinking about buying a Ruger 1911 later this summer.
  20. Brass Tacks

Brass Tacks New Member

+1