Confession

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by JLA, May 28, 2012.

1. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Butt ugly and not liked but it works. Are we talking about Glocks or Hi-Points?

Seriously, I am no Glock fan, but they are good guns for what a gun, when you come down to the crunch, is made for. When things get hot at the modern equivalent of the OK Corral, pretty is not a big factor.

Jim
  2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Ive already had an XD, the trigger safety pinched my finger. Dont care for the grip on the M&P. BIL has one, and it feels stubby in my hands.
  3. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

EDIT: I didn't read the post above you where you said you've had an XD. Was going to suggest it, cause my friend got a sub-compact XD9 last year that he let me shoot a little and I liked it better than the Glock.
    Last edited: May 28, 2012
  4. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

Welcome to the Glock side or is it the dark side.:D:D: BTW i do own a Remington Rand 1911,and thinking about buying a Ruger 1911 later this summer.
  5. Brass Tacks

Brass Tacks New Member

+1
  6. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

hey hey hey,now Jack I started with a glock and i never gave ya any grief.lol I recently sold my glock 21 and bought a judge 45/410 revolver,I like the judge but I miss the glock badly and will buy another one.I cant yet my boys got me on this shotgun clay shooting craze right now so im buying shotguns.I love all guns :)
  7. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

pity you wheren't around when i asked about em ..

was thinkin about buyin one .. 2- pages of BS , not a single simple direct answer..

and even here in real life you ask folks and they look at you funny and start getting upset you questioned a glock

i must just accept its the best or i'm a idiot or biased or something ...

pass

too much like obozo for my likin
  8. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

sorry i wasnt here for I would have answered ya lol:)
  9. Airdale

Airdale Member

SAY IT AIN'T SO BRO!!!

You may be in need of an intervention from your TFF family. Better use of your hard earned cash would be to save it for something to attach that Shilen barrel to you're in possession of;)

Plasitque Pistol ??? Madness, pure madness!!!:crazy:
  10. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I sort of look at my Glock pistol the same way I look at my Zepco fishing real. Not my favorite, not my regular go to, don't brag about having one, will take a lot of abuse and neglect, works when I need it to, and has become a classic.
  11. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

My thoughts exactly!!

I have to say that the XD's are worse than the Blocks.
  12. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

That's a great analogy Todd.

Many years ago, a friend built me a fishing rod. 6-1/2' Lamiglass one pc, and the Shimano bait caster is attached with electrical tape. When I pick it up, I become one with it. That thing is 30 years old, and has never failed me. I can feel the difference between the lead bouncing on the bottom, and a steelhead mouthing a glob of salmon eggs. It's one fugly rig, but I'd not trade it for any other.

The closest I've to get to a 1911 is my Ruger 22/45 so I really don't have a dog in this fight.

I've never understood the rabid enthusiasm the two crowds put forth in defending their choice.

I won't own a Ford, Dodge or Chevy, nor will I shop at WalMart.
    If you do, good on ya!

My AR has an aluminum receiver, and my Henry's made from Zamac 5. So what? :rolleyes:

If it works for ya, shoot it.
  13. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

That moneys done been spent Airdale.. ;) It is as accurate as it looks too. And by far the biggest rifle I own at a shade over 14 pounds.

Attached Files:

14. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I must also confess that my favorite crappie and sandbass rig is a 2 foot long Zebco 'Dock Demon'.. ;)
  15. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

Zebco Quantum and an old 7 ft ugly stick