Confession

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by JLA, May 28, 2012.

1. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

hey hey hey,now Jack I started with a glock and i never gave ya any grief.lol I recently sold my glock 21 and bought a judge 45/410 revolver,I like the judge but I miss the glock badly and will buy another one.I cant yet my boys got me on this shotgun clay shooting craze right now so im buying shotguns.I love all guns :)
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

pity you wheren't around when i asked about em ..

was thinkin about buyin one .. 2- pages of BS , not a single simple direct answer..

and even here in real life you ask folks and they look at you funny and start getting upset you questioned a glock

i must just accept its the best or i'm a idiot or biased or something ...

pass

too much like obozo for my likin
  3. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

sorry i wasnt here for I would have answered ya lol:)
  4. Airdale

Airdale Member

SAY IT AIN'T SO BRO!!!

You may be in need of an intervention from your TFF family. Better use of your hard earned cash would be to save it for something to attach that Shilen barrel to you're in possession of;)

Plasitque Pistol ??? Madness, pure madness!!!:crazy:
  5. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

I sort of look at my Glock pistol the same way I look at my Zepco fishing real. Not my favorite, not my regular go to, don't brag about having one, will take a lot of abuse and neglect, works when I need it to, and has become a classic.
  6. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

My thoughts exactly!!

I have to say that the XD's are worse than the Blocks.
  7. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

That's a great analogy Todd.

Many years ago, a friend built me a fishing rod. 6-1/2' Lamiglass one pc, and the Shimano bait caster is attached with electrical tape. When I pick it up, I become one with it. That thing is 30 years old, and has never failed me. I can feel the difference between the lead bouncing on the bottom, and a steelhead mouthing a glob of salmon eggs. It's one fugly rig, but I'd not trade it for any other.

The closest I've to get to a 1911 is my Ruger 22/45 so I really don't have a dog in this fight.

I've never understood the rabid enthusiasm the two crowds put forth in defending their choice.

I won't own a Ford, Dodge or Chevy, nor will I shop at WalMart.
    If you do, good on ya!

My AR has an aluminum receiver, and my Henry's made from Zamac 5. So what? :rolleyes:

If it works for ya, shoot it.
  8. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

That moneys done been spent Airdale.. ;) It is as accurate as it looks too. And by far the biggest rifle I own at a shade over 14 pounds.

Attached Files:

9. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I must also confess that my favorite crappie and sandbass rig is a 2 foot long Zebco 'Dock Demon'.. ;)
  10. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

Zebco Quantum and an old 7 ft ugly stick
  11. dad2thebone

dad2thebone New Member

I looked at glocks a few years back and listened to the blah blah about it from my dealer . Then he handed it to me and i bought a Ruger 45 . been happy ever since. Didnt like the grip or balance so no glocs for me. I guess its why they make more than one brand. lol
  12. Helix_FR

Helix_FR New Member

I think I'm gonna be sick:bleh: I respect them as a good functioning firearm-that is it. hate the triggers, hate the rake, glocks in 40's jump like hyperactive frogs and they aint always perfect running guns. Just trying to bring you back to the steel world bro.
  13. Airdale

Airdale Member

Nice looking rifle Josh. If you get the time a range report would be cool. Would like to see what kinda groups a Shilen can produce.

Good looking lad, bet he keeps you busy.
  14. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Oh yeah. Hes my little helper. If either of my boys become gunsmiths to carry on my work it will be him.

I still have to develop a load for it. I just got it broke in last saturday. Fired 50 rounds with the dadgum cleaning between shots for the first 10, between 5 shot groups for the next 30 and after a 10 ahot string to round it out. All 50 shots were in a 3/4" hole on the paper at 100 yards.

Im confident after a decent load is developed it will print some nice SUB 1/2 MOA groups. Maybe even better than that. Only issue I have with the barrel is it doesnt have much leade. Maybe only .050" or so. Id love for it to have .150", so other than a shorter than id like seating depth, its golden. But I view the short leade as a long term blessing. Being that its barreled on a long action means I can chase the rifling out as the throat erodes and get the maximum amount of rounds down the tube while maintaining magazine length.
  15. slickab

slickab Member

JLA...love the rifle....love the tattoo's on your knuckles....love 1911's.

Years ago got I was in the market for my first serious pistol. The cops and my brother all said, there are many fine handguns out there,1911's,
    Smith or Colt or Ruger wheelguns, CZ's, Hi-Powers to mention a few. You will
    not stop at one, so, for now get a Glock. I bought a model 19, and spent a fortune putting thousands of rounds through it. I have normal size hands,
    so shooting it feels like shaking hands with a 2X4. Never any type of bobble
    or wobble. The most reliable firearm I have ever fired. Semi-accurate, 5"
    groups offhand at 15 yards, all around point of aim. $500 gun, $100 for
    Trijicon night sights, $350 for internal laser sight, $100 for 3 model 18
    magazines. So I have $1050 in a pistol that has not seen the light of day
    for 3 or 4 years. I would take $1000 for her, but not a penny less. But if
    things get awry, I can load the 5 mags and have 120+ rounds ready to go.
    Glocks have their place in the total picture and I am glad I have one. My
    foremost passion is 1911's in .45 ACP.
  16. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

I'm truly sorry for your current medical condition, Josh. I think a brain scan or an MRI may be in order. I'll be pullin' for your recovery....My best wishes, Bob
  17. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I think is passing, HelixFR has helped me contract CZitis. I did some work to my CZ-75 CWC and now im justifying a Czechmate. Im on the verge of selling one of my Custom built LR rifles and maybe even a 1911. :eek:
  18. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

thats it , now i know your sick . Medic!!!!!
  19. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

But id replace the one I sold with a Colt Commander.
  20. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

hmmmm second opinion time ( and a back up with a straight jacket in case )