Congress Questions Why Joint Chiefs Censured Army Officer

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by BlackEagle, Oct 16, 2012.

1. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Two members of the U.S. House Armed Services Committee last week sent a letter to the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, asking why an Army officer who was teaching a course on radical Islam was given a career-killing review — one the officer is now fighting in court.

For the last two years, Lt. Col. Matthew Dooley has taught an elective course at the National Defense University’s Joint Forces Staff College, called “Perspectives on Islam and Islamic Radicalism.” As a combat veteran with 18 years of experience and aspirations for further promotion, teaching the course was a good way to advance to commanding a combat battalion.

But the course became controversial last October, when 57 Muslim organizations — including two with ties to the Muslim Brotherhood — sent a letter to the White House and senior defense officials complaining that all training materials they find offensive to Islam be “purged” and that instructors be “effectively disciplined.”

The rest of the article is here...
    http://www.citizenlink.com/2012/10/15/congress-questions-why-joint-chiefs-censured-army-officer/

"We has met the enemy, and the enemy is us."
  2. al45lc

al45lc New Member

We don't know what was in the course, per se.
    However, I cannot fathom what might have been in the course that an educated military officer of the rank of General would make as foolish a statement as it's being "against our values" with reference to Islam as a whole or even part and parcel.
    Islam IS against our values, PERIOD!
    For heavens sake, much of that religion encourages it's deciples to things we would NOT tolerate from our own for ANY reason, so how does that statement even equate.
    Are we to understand that the course was THAT bad?
    I don't believe it, not for a minute.
    Pandering to the lowest form of humanity is the worst sort of devaluing we can possibly do, and I'm willing to bet that this is the case.
  3. time2shoot

time2shoot Well-Known Member

I don't care what was in the course.
    I want to know how a non US citezen can dictate how and what we teach in our country, let alone our Military.
    And that It was Heeded to.
  4. time2shoot

time2shoot Well-Known Member

One other point I would like to make is this.
    Religon is not allowed to dictate on how our Goverment is run. And our Goverment is not allowed to dictate on what some one belives in as there religion.
    At least i think thats what i learend in Civics and Gov. when i was in school.
    Did they change this when i was sleeping or somthing?
  5. al45lc

al45lc New Member

While I agree with you for the most part, we do have (as a Nation) obligations to many of our Allies as to how we speak of and about them, within reason.
    Therefore, they and we in return, have a right to expect that they aren't 'badmouthing' us without justification.
    No matter how a Military or Govt. official feels personally about the French, Germans, Swiss or any other nation or for that matter, most religion, 'badmouthing' is strictly regulated, as it should be.
    But this was a course that was obviously pre approved to be taught at the University at one point in time or another.(unless we are to believe that this University allows 'open' classes and materials, and I don't believe that, NO University in it's right mind would allow that)
    So unless he was 'injecting' his own personal perspectives and veiws, how is he to blame for this? Simple, he's a scapegoat for an Administration that already has a reputation for B.S. 'apologies' to the radical fundamentalists of the Islamic world.
  6. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    If you get a star and get a desk in the pentagon you must turn in your balls to keep that star and earn another. They are no longer military men but brown nosed politicians kissing up to the Senate and whoever is sitting in the oval office. That being said I have known some generals and admirals I would have followed to the gates of hell but they were the kind that would have sided with the colonel. One in particular I knew who was airborne got up at 0-dark thirty and ran with a different company each day and they were doing all they could to keep up with the little feller. I cannot imagine him kissing anybody's butt.
  7. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

First, the national security organisations like FBI and CIA had to purge all islamist information from their training manuals, and now the military.

The new government needs to reverse that as soon as they get into office.