conservative christians

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by topper, Jan 3, 2010.

1. topper

topper New Member

What ever happened to conservative christian religion? Did it disappear overnight or was bought off or just went off into a corner? I was brought up in an old style conservative christian church, but it seems like with each change in ministers, more and more liberalism is creeping in. It has happened where I attend and it is no longer the church I recognize. I'm not going to reveal the denomination I belong to, but are all churches leaning liberal now? So many changes so fast, that it is bewildering. I think the old ways were the best ways because they concentrated on traditional values, but that don't seem to matter anymore. My church has stood on a high hill for more than a century. It is an old style buliding with a tall steeple that can be seen for miles and in a very rural area with most of the members born and raised in that particular community, but some are now leaving or not attending regularly and I think because of the newly introduced liberal leaning minister. Such a pity to see a fine old congregation disperse. What a waste.
  2. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Re: consertive christians

I go to a Catholic church and it seemed like that with mine alot too. And many Catholics are very conservative people.
  3. EddieS1967

EddieS1967 Member

Always good to read Revelation 3:14 thru 3:22
  4. red14

red14 Well-Known Member

I think as morals decay, and old fashioned values are eroded, it is enevitable. But, I don't like it. I will not change the way I was taught. I will not bend to the world. Ultimately, we will all be judged alone. I will not 'go with the flow' when my future is at stake. This liberal political correctness will not ensnare me.
  5. tcox4freedom

tcox4freedom Well-Known Member Supporting Member

"Conservative" Christian Churchs are few and far between now-a-days.

IMO; You can NOT be a true liberal and still be a Christian. Christianity by it's very nature is conservative. Those churches that have adopted a PC stance are no more than "Pagan" temples in my book.

I truely believe in loving everyone and keeping an "OPEN" door policy in church. But, embracing PC and liberal causes to make people "Feel" comfortable in church makes me sick. Also IMHO; Church leaders who do this are selling their souls to the devil and leading the flocks straight to hell.
  6. red14

red14 Well-Known Member

Doesn't the good book say that the Lord is king of Heaven, and the Devil is the king of the Earth? So if you religion is 'green' and confined to the Earth, aren't you a disciple of the Devil?
  7. topper

topper New Member

I should have never started this thread. Religion should not be discussed here. Forgive me for that error. Sorry, please NO MORE!
  8. rentalguy1

rentalguy1 Former Guest

I was raised a southern baptist, but you won't catch me in a church these days. Sure, I still uphold the Golden Rule and the Ten Commandments, but I also understand that the road to Heaven does not pass through a pulpit. Churches are creations of man, and being so they are more than fallible. They are nothing more than corrupt, political organizations out for your money and filled to the brim with hypocrites.My relationship with God is a personal one, and it is not subject to a preacher, deacons, or elders skewed view of religion or the world that we live in. I also believe that the Lord knows his flock must sometimes bend his morals and values in order to navigate the mortal world. If this were not the case, he would not have given us free will confined by consciousness. The use of deadly force for protection of self, family and country is a prime example. The Bible, which may have been handed down from God through prophets, but was transcribed by man, is full of conflicting information about these morals and values. "Though shalt not kill," and "Those who liveth by the sword shall perish by the sword" are conflicted by "...an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth." The follower must walk that fine line that is drawn in between these words on a daily basis while doing his best to avoid sin. He must also recognize the ambiguity of sin, and seek forgiveness of the Lord when his actions are in question.

Anyway...that's how I believe. You hard core guys can bash away, if you feel the need. Also, please don't be too harsh if I bungled the Words. I am not a theologian. I unly have a rudimentary knowledge of the Bible and it's passages.
  9. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn New Member

LOL!!! Yep. Well. The can of worms is OPEN!!! They are still out there. So many Churches these days. So many choices. So many interpretations of the Bible and other holy books. I just steer clear and adhere to my own belief system.

A friend of mine once said, "There are as many religions out there as people". The dude is right. Everyone's take is different even in the strictest of congregations.

Religion and spiritualism IMO is not meant to be for the masses, but an individual endeavor to figure out what cannot be proven with fact. Faith is a powerful thing. Honestly, I wish I had more of it.........
  10. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

The PC problem began when the mainstream churches moved in the the arena of so called social responsibility. The Gospel is not taught in many churches and this opens wide the door of Political Correctness that allows all matter of sin to inter in and devour the message.

There are many fast growing young congregations that do teach the Gospel and they are full of people who left the main line churches when the leadership left them.

Interesting comments here and I think many of us have said the same thing. My #4 son was home for Christmas from Fort Hood and said he had the same problem with Churches in Kilene. He found one church but is still looking.
  11. w_houle

w_houle New Member

IMO; You can NOT be a true liberal and still be a Christian. Christianity by it's very nature is conservative. Those churches that have adopted a PC stance are no more than "Pagan" temples in my book.
    Yep, and no true Scotsman can hate haggis!:rolleyes:
    IMO; You can NOT be a true Conservative and still be a Christian. Christianity by it's very nature has both a conservative and liberal bias.
    Unless by "Christian®" you mean praying to "Republican Jesus®"
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  12. JohnBrainard

JohnBrainard New Member

Conservative and Republican are not synonymous.
  13. w_houle

w_houle New Member

They do where I live
  14. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Can't add much to that.
  15. topper

topper New Member

I was just venting in a moment of reflection of what mainstream religion in america has become or what i think it has become. I am used to the 'old time' religion with staunch conserative values and i'm very dismayed and upset that some christian or purported christian churches have let themselves be infiltrated by evil elements of society. In short, they have let their guard down and the liberal element siezed the opportunity to gain a foothold and now that foothold is fast becoming the normal. IMO, some churches have even embraced ideals that were unthinkable just a generation ago. Abortion, Homosexuality, Sexuality, Politics, and the lust for Money have tore the very fabric of american christianity. I fear that within another generation or two more at the most, christian churches in america will be unrecognizable to most of the senior generation. Not only is america in deep trouble, but the church is teetering on the brink of trouble. Some of the more liberal ways of thinking are like a cancer that is unstoppable and it is eating away at our country and religion. Sad to say, but I see no cure on the horizon.