Conservatives will lose because we won't speak up...

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by ponycar17, Jul 8, 2012.

1. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Have you noticed how rude, conniving, slanderous and generally outspoken beyond their level of intelligence the left has become? They're horrible! A quick look at a liberal blog or news outlet gives you a unique insight into how ravenously immature and outspoken they really are...

So, while I don't condone all the name-calling and immaturity, what I find amusing is how quiet conservatives are about the issues. On any given social networking site, you can spot the liberals out in the open like a clown at a funeral. Still, the vast majority of conservatives never call them out on why they think as they do. Furthermore, conservatives just don't like talking about the issues. Word of mouth goes a long way toward educating others but for whatever reason Americans with conservative beliefs just think it's best not to discuss these issues in a public forum (minus this site of course). ;)

So, what do you say? Are we going to lose the battle for conservatism because the vast majority of us are soft-spoken while the outspoken left keeps its propaganda/smear machine going all the time?

I think so... It's a phenomenon that I don't understand. Too many conservatives are just scared to ruffle the feathers of the woefully misinformed.
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
  2. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

Most Americans are oblivious to the politics we all seem to thrive on, no joke. What they do see is the economy and their future getting worse, no hiding it either. Thats what will win or lose elections.

Ignorant name calling & tellin lies isn't respected by most Americans; they block it out or look down on those speaking such nonsense. At least thats how I see all the media back and forth.

The Repub leadership bothers me some too, their ineffectiveness; but I hate the Dems ever more, for how they are trying to destroy America. So, I have to support the Repubs in th end.
  3. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Zhurh, I get that but I still don't understand why it's deemed so offensive to attempt to articulate conservatism in a group setting. Conservative people that I know just don't want to talk about it for fear of alienating or offending someone. The liberals don't mind alienating or offending anyone (or publicly proving how dumb they are)...
  4. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I for one don't have a problem with public display of political beliefs. I have been know to walk into a resturant owned, and opperated by Black folks, and invite them to a Tea Party meeting! Try that some times!
  5. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Carver, we'd get along real well. :D
  6. carver

carver Moderator

Do you offend people some times too? :D
  7. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

It seems to be an uncontrollable thing at times... Well, all the time. ;)
  8. carver

carver Moderator

Made my DIL mad the other day. We were talking about CCW, and she made the mistake of letting me know that she thought we didn't need to carry a gun, that's what the police were for! I looked her dead in the eye, and asked her, "If I wanted to harm you right now, where's your cop"? She just got up, and walked out, and it was her house!
  9. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I doesn't hit some people until you put it in terms that they can understand. :D
  10. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Pony, the way I see it is, ya can't argue with an idiot. It's unwinable from the start.

Liberals can't be raised up to the concept of actually thinking and making decisions based on facts. If ya try to educate them, they get offended and resort to name calling and mud slinging. Sadly, it's all they know. They're right, and everyone that disagrees is simply wrong.

How many arguements have you seen here that exepmlify that thought process?

Stooping to their level does all of us a diservice, and it's not something most of us would agree to do. It's pointless.

It's all part and parcel with public education and the society we've created. We lift up the ignorant, and forget the gifted. My son never spent one day at school his Sr year. He had enough credits at a 3.2 gpa to graduate the last day of his Jr year. He got the same diploma that the obnoxious, obese, child of color did while he was lacking 30 credits. It's wrong, but it's what we've become.

I refuse to stoop to that level.
  11. carver

carver Moderator

Bob, ya know I like ya, but it isn't true, all the time, that you can't win an argument with a liberal. I have won a few, and it is a good feeling to see the light come on in a persons head! If they want to get all excited, and start calling me names, screaming, and hollering, well that just makes them look bad, not me! I just smile, and with a normal voice, calmly feed em more facts!
  12. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

And they're the ones who look like idiots to all watching... Yeah, it's funny. I used to do it on here to one particular economically inept moron who got banned, eventually. I'd present economic supply/demand charts, statistics and relevant fact. He'd just say, "that's not true..." Sad...
  13. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

I understand it's not true all the time. There comes a point where your words become wasted and I won't go there. It's like :banghead:

You have far more patience than I my friend. When the name calling starts, I just walk away.

There was a guy at work that had an Obie doll on his desk. I'm the 1st one in, and one morning I decided to turn the head around to his back side and adjust the arms. The owner came in and he was very distraught upon seeing the heresy I'd commited. He asked everyone if they saw who had done that to his idol. :mad:

If I had a McCain doll and someone did that, I'd simply turn the head back around. :rolleyes:

I guess I'm too easy. :eek:
  14. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

Sadly, we’ve become two countries living within one. Fully 50% of the population feels that living here in the U.S. means having the government provide everything for everyone, all for free. Free healthcare, free education, free housing, free food and free transportation all from cradle to grave. Work and contribution never comes into the picture.

The other half of the population wants the government to butt-out of their lives and believes in a free market where hard work yield due rewards without government interference. We believe in things like being educated, being honest, and being loyal and patriotic to our nation. Family values and moral virtues are strong in this part of the population.

Unfortunately until we can figure out how to get the first half of the population to understand that it can’t all be for free with the burden being placed on those who are willing to work and pay taxes, we are headed for trouble. The lying and deceitful campaign commercials are unfortunately aimed at the lower intellect viewers who sadly don’t have the intellectual where-with-all to think for themselves and are taken in by the lies. They will vote for whoever they think will give them the most “free stuff”. :(

ETA: BTW, I'm not shy at all. I speak my mind straight up whether anyone likes it or not. :cool:
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
  15. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member Supporting Member

You seem to be ignoring the MSM that is controlled by the marxists in charge, There are plenty of conservative voices, the channels for them are few.