CONTACT THE NRA IMMEDIATELY!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fishermanben, Sep 9, 2005.

1. fishermanben

fishermanben New Member

They need to hear from each and every one of us immediately. Tell them to defend the rights of the people of New Orleans, and to do something before it is way too late!!!

Make sure you say that this is the ONE DAMN THING WE PAY OUR DUES TO PREVENT!!! IF THIS ISN'T ILLEGAL CONFISCATION, THEN WHAT THE FRUCK IS?!?!

https://secure.nraila.org/Contact.aspx
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2005
  2. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Note sent and, I might say, they probably don't want to read it..........

I agree, it is time to either put up or shut up!!!!!!
  3. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

4. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Actually, they can do it under Martial Law... But I agree, they shouldn't...
  5. Marlin

NRA has spoken!

For anyone who might be interested, here is the reply I received. You be your own judge as to whether it's a cop-out.....

BTW. I've been a Life Member for only about 40 years!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Subject: RE: Contact from NRAHQ web site: Refuse To Be A Victim
    To: [Marlin]

"Thank you for contacting the NRA-ILA. Numerous media sources are reporting on an apparent campaign by New Orleans city authorities to confiscate lawfully-owned firearms from people in the city. Louisiana statute does grant the government, during a state of emergency, broad powers in regulating and controlling firearms.

However, we have seen not just with Hurricane Katrina, but other similar situations, that when police are unable to control the criminal element, people turn to the one freedom that protects all others-the Second Amendment.

While one can certainly understand the dire predicaments of all those affected by Hurricane Katrina, as we have learned throughout history, campaigns to disarm the lawful do nothing to disarm the criminal. And in truth, these restrictions make citizens less safe. Despite the valiant efforts of many law enforcement officers and rescue workers, too many of those left in the wake of Katrina are ultimately responsible for their own security and safety and that of their families and loved ones; especially when communication is virtually non-existent and police can't be quickly summoned to respond to calls for help. At these times, lawful gun ownership is paramount to personal safety.

Of course, the entire situation in New Orleans is constantly in flux. But rest assured NRA is monitoring this situation very closely and will address any activity by the government that unduly infringes upon the rights of lawful gun owners at the appropriate time. As we learn more, we will report to our members accordingly. In the interim, however, we join with all Americans in offering our thoughts, prayers, and assistance to the victims and survivors of this terrible natural disaster.

Sincerely,

Amanda Millward"
  6. stash247

stash247 New Member

They are not under Martial Law; that is the point! All of this stuff is well meant, but under planned, and constitutionally illeagal, to boot!
    The NRA ain't gonna do shit; take it to the bank. They have nothing to gain, lots to lose,what would you expect??
    PS: I'm Patron member. My sorrow,your worry, Terry
  7. Marlin

Here's the reply I sent back after receiving the non-committal note for whatever good it might do. I'm not really expecting to see any miracle of a change from their usual modis operendi in cases like this......

Such a dis-service and crime toward their loyal membership......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Here is an article that I believe represents the sentiments of a great number of NRA members. Why has nothing been done?????

I don't buy your "Watch and see" attitude. If I had acted as such in my courtroom over the years, I would have been removed from the bench in an instant.

Judge MacLaughlin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So Where Is The NRA???
    Carl F. Worden
    So where is the NRA?

Authorities are going into private homes in New Orleans and forcibly removing the only real means the last hold-outs have of defending themselves against looters, rapists and murderers.

I suppose the reasoning behind this outrageously unconstitutional act is to make the remaining residents feel vulnerable -- and I'm certain it is working. But let me state for the record that if any of those remaining residents come to harm after they've been disarmed, there is going to be Hell to pay.

But where is the NRA?

Why hasn't the NRA, the nation's most powerful gun lobby, filed papers in federal court to stop this illegal act? Why do you NRA members pay your dues to those dupes if they can't be counted on to even try to stop this action?

CNN has filed a lawsuit to force the local authorities in the areas struck by Hurricane Katrina, to allow them to photograph dead bodies in the areas affected. I don't know why they feel the need, but I do understand that any effort to conceal anything associated with this disaster will be viewed as a government plot to cover something up. I can foresee the e-mails and Blogs and even mainstream news already: The feds don't want the photos because they might reveal the dead died of something more sinister than a nasty storm, flood and disease.

Why, these people of color might have been shot down indiscriminately by roving federal agents! I don't believe for one New York second that CNN plans to show photos of floating corpses before the families are notified. They just are not that stupid or inconsiderate, regardless of their other faults. But I do understand that CNN and the other news reporting agencies do not want to be hindered in any way, and we all know that a rule to keep CNN and other reporting agencies from photographing the dead can and will be used to keep them from recording and reporting on other issues. You and I know that if it can be abused, it WILL be abused, so that is the reason CNN is seeking the federal court relief from such a restriction.

But where the Hell is the NRA?

It has been widely reported already that authorities are forcibly taking firearms from people in their homes in New Orleans!

What possible other scenario might get the NRA off its fat ass now? I dropped out of the NRA years ago.

I dropped out because it became obvious the NRA didn't want to fight the most critical of battles: The right of the individual to keep and bear arms.

The NRA has never driven a case to the Supreme Court, forcing it to make a decision one way or the other. One case did make it to the Supreme Court. It was the case where California banned so-called semi-automatic assault rifles, guns that are no different in operation that a semi-automatic Remington deer rifle. They look like military weapons, and they are capable of handling 30-round magazines, but you still only get one shot per trigger pull, so what was the big deal? They certainly were not machine guns that require a $200.00 tax stamp, so why those idiots in California thought they should be banned, I'll never know. Nevertheless, the Supreme Court refused to hear the case, so it remains law in California.

The point I'm making is that the case was not brought to the Supreme Court by the NRA, and that told me the NRA really didn't want an up or down decision. What it told me is that the NRA is more concerned with its own survival, and a Supreme Court decision that would finally answer the original intent of the Second Amendment, either way, would make the NRA obsolete.

What a shock, and it's really no different than what has happened to our labor unions. At a certain point, our labor unions started to care more about themselves as an entity, than the workers they allegedly represent, and the same is sadly true of the NRA. But let me state this for the record: If any government agency of any kind, be it local, state or federal, ever tries to come in to Southern Oregon and disarm our citizens of their firearms in their homes, we'll be sending you all back to Mommy in bags.

That is a solemn promise.

Carl F. Worden

© 2005 Sierra Times
  8. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

Hardly surprising that the NRA is doing nothing. Can't say I haven't been warning you for a while about their true motives. The truth is, they will pander to whatever the Republican wing wants. Unless Bush & Co. are up in arms, the NRA won't be up in arms.

And by the way, for all you folks who seem to think that it's OK for martial law to be declared (even though it can't be legally declared in Louisiana), please show me in the Federal Constitution where it gives anyone the authority to suspend the Constitution or our rights. I'm not aware of any provision in the Constitution that gives anyone the power to take away our guaranteed rights. What would be the point of a Bill of Rights if they're allowed to take it away?
  9. fishermanben

fishermanben New Member

well guys, if the NRA is not going to publicly address this issue, then I am going to change my allegiance to another group. Any suggestions?

Ben
  10. grdad45

grdad45 New Member

As a life member, I am appalled that they do not intend to do their highly and loudly proclaimed mission.
    To any NRA-ILA leadership: Get off your a__ and DO something!
  11. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

Gun Owners of America.

http://www.gunowners.org
  12. stash247

stash247 New Member

The notion that one cannot sit in his home, assaulting, adressing, afronting no one, and be arrested, abused, or even shot, for his (non) actions, is absurd. If he should have a firearm at his disposal, in immediate reach, Hurrah for him; he's better prepared than most!
    The Hon Mr. Nagil, ( I think that's how this worm is spelled), sat on his backside and drowned several hundred busses, which might have been used in the evacuation of the city, gives him the right only to be chastised, for his slovulence, in a time that required his active participation. The mayor dropped the ball; no question. He was charged with directing the already devised evacuation, he did less than nothing.
    The Governor of La did only slightly less; she argued for four days about mobilizing the La Guard, and only did so after the President, George Bush, sent in Federal Troops, without any real leagal position to do so, but, because it was the only thing he could do!
    George Bush had nothng to do with the Bullshit Tactics the La Guard, or the NO PD, employed, that all goes to the State and City officials, elected by folks who will likely, never vote for them again!
    Agreed, it is, to begin with, Unconstitutional: moreover, it is stupid! But, the fact is, it was done, and done by folks who, down the road, will or should be legally accountable for their violation of the Constitutional Rights, of others; the sooner this day arives, the better!
    Git 'er done; let's get on to the Hangings!
  13. Huck Finn

Huck Finn Member

QUOTE;
    "George Bush had nothng to do with the Bullshit Tactics the La Guard, or the NO PD, employed, that all goes to the State and City officials, elected by folks who will likely, never vote for them again!"

By doing nothing, Bush is condoning the confiscation of weapons. What the police are doing is clearly unconstitutional! Bush not only has the power to order the end of it, he has the DUTY to do so! So what's he doing about it?
    NOT A DAMN THING!!!

I don't know if that's alright with you, but it's certainly not alright with me. Just the idea of disarming legal, private citizens who are at the mercy of murdering, raping gangs of thugs doesn't sound like the America I fought for! This isn't good for N.O., or for America.