1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Contender in 221 Fireball

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by shortmag, May 31, 2010.

1. shortmag

shortmag New Member

I am thinking of getting a new barrel for my old contender pistol. I really like the 221 Remington Fireball chambering. I also noticed you can no longer get this chambering from T/C or other retailers like Midway. I am curious if anyone has any experience with any of the T/C custom barrel makers and/or shooting the 221 in the Contender pistol.
  2. old semperfi

old semperfi Active Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    i had the 221 fireball in my xp 100 and i did not care for it.brass somewhat hard to come by etc so i rechambered it for 223 old semperfi
  3. shortmag

shortmag New Member

Semperfi ... What was it you did not like about your XP 100? Was it the gun or the cartridge? I noticed you can get 221 brass now no problem. How did the 223 work out?
  4. old semperfi

old semperfi Active Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    i still have the xp,re the rechambering i can buy 223 ammo a lot cheaper than 221 and find it anywhere.i also like the performance i get from the 223 round.i can go to the range take my ar,a tactical 223 bolt gun and the xp and all shoot the same ammo. old semperfi