Conventions on TV

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by offeror, Jul 25, 2004.

1. offeror

offeror New Member

They say the DNC Convention has turned Boston into an "armed camp," causing "protesters" to be fenced in. The protesters are of course complaining that they can't go where they want, block access, etc. etc.

Which raises a few questions in my mind. Who protests the Democrat convention? They don't even have a sitting president. Or are they a bunch of hired hands with signs saying "down with Bush" or what?

Personally, my feeling is that protest is a right in this country but since your rights end where mine begin, there is no right to block entrances, disrupt transportation, etc. Maybe this is a good dress rehearsal for the convention that will draw the REAL flak, which will be the Republican one in New York, where some "volunteers" are planning to dress up like terrorists and try not to be shot on sight.... :D :D :D Now, that I find funny. It's one thing to protest, and quite another to pretend to be a bomber, a terrorist, or an enemy army of commandos. I'm looking forward to the unhappy protester in the black mask and ninja suit who gets offed and then his friends try to sue for their freedom of speech rights. As was once said, there is no right to shout fire in a crowded theater, and pretending to be a terror threat during a national convention is about as close a match to that as I can think of. I'd certainly expect security to shoot first and ask questions later -- which means that if I were in a position to advise these sign-carrying free-speechniks, I'd highly advise them against attempting to interfere or worse, sabotage these conventions. No jury would convict a duly sworn officer, or even an anxious citizen, from defending against something that appeared to be a terrorist plot in action -- there is no such thing in my mind as a "dirty trick" that involves impersonating the enemy, nor any such thing as a "practical joke" that involves a phony bomb, etc. etc. etc.

As for protesters at the DNC, I'd like to see some Second Amendment folks in the crowd with big signs saying NO MORE GUN BANS and GUN CONTROL IS A POISON PILL. They might as well know why we CAN'T vote for them no matter how many jobs they want to create.
  2. outdoortexas

outdoortexas New Member

Seems to me we could have saved all the tax dollars spent on security as concerns the Dem convention...the terrorists have no reason to cause John/John trouble...hell, they want them to win.

The sneaks will do their best to disrupt the R party,
    but then so to will every goup and individual with a gripe...
    Save this this, save that, the sky is falling, the sky is falling...

Guess I'm gettin' old and grumpy,
    feel like tellin' folks to fix it, instead of bitchin'... ;)
  3. Remington597

Remington597 Former Guest

These are just PR sessions as far as I am concerned. Watching a democratic convention is like watching little children lie about not going in the cookie jar, the lies keep getting deeper and deeper, until its comical.
    I would rather watch grass grow on Homes & Gardens Television or a chick flick on Lifetime than watch a Democratic Convention.
    Lets see, we have a Skull & Bones/CFR operative and a mega million trial lawyer who made his money on frivolous lawsuits on the backs of pregnant single moms, I might as well watch hell burning, it would be the same.
  4. rosierita

rosierita New Member

:rolleyes: ah yes & didnt ya hear they are restricting the R party from thoroughly searching the bags of protesters at their convention?? :rolleyes: lock down for the dems & open season on the reps.... yeah, business as usual....
  5. RobW

RobW New Member

"All animals are equal! But some animals are more equal than others."

George Orwell: " Animal Farm" :mad:
  6. offeror

offeror New Member

Interviews today, and a very interesting documentary on MSNBC last night, reveal that Kerry was so key to the Vietnam war protest that he became an enemy of Nixon, something I had not recalled from the period. Kerry went on a number of national talk shows. His speech before the Senate Foreign Relations committee so moved Ted Kennedy that he became Kerry's leg-up to political office. The commentators now seem to agree on something very scary: That John Kerry is so indebted to Ted Kennedy for his political career that Kennedy would certainly have heavy influence on a Kerry presidency.

Now, keep in mind that Ted Kennedy's idea of an important gun control measure (during the recent Senate debate on amendments to the gun industry bill) was to ban every rifle round that can penetrate a bulletproof vest -- which, by the way, would be everything from about a .30 carbine upward, through .30-30, .308, .30-06, and you name it.
  7. Remington597

offeror:
    Your last post just scared the crap out of me. :(
  8. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Made me cringe too....

I think kerry would encounter much more resistance than Clinton did over the so called assault weapons ban back ten years ago.

mike
    gn
  9. Remington597

Oh swell, one sober bolshevik+one drunk bolshevik=total anarchy., I don't know who scares me more, Kennedy or Kerry., actually , the only person who scares me more than the both of them combined is Teresa Heintz. She is demented.
  10. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

We need to be paying more attention to this issue of the "free speech zone" that they have set up. This scares me, as it should scare any American. Our government is using the military to enforce its rules that it just made up out of thin air. They are now telling people where they are allowed to exercise their Constitutional rights. And enforcing it by arms.
  11. offeror

offeror New Member

I get the impression that the Free Speech Zone was a direct reaction to the Democrat dirty tricks group's threats to disrupt the Republican convention by pretending to be terrorists -- rub gunpowder on themselves to alarm the dogs, dress like Arab militants and see how far they can infiltrate a crowd, carry lots of stuff to set off metal detectors, talk about "bombs" at airports, and generally clog security throughout New York. With 'friends' like that who needs enemies? So the drill for this year is, fine, you threaten to sabotage a national convention, we'll pen you in so we can tell you apart from real threats.

In general, dissenters always have an approved demonstration zone anyway, like designated sidewalks; it just doesn't usually have a physical fence around to enforce it. Only those who planned to step over the line would notice the fence...

But when people stoop to using the legitimate fear of terrorism to sabotage a convention for political gain... I can't fault authorities for making sure both conventions can run smoothly; in fact we tasked them to do that.

I fully expect the Free Speech Zones to pass once partisans realize they are not going to be allowed to manufacture chaos or worse, panic. That's not what the right to demonstrate is. Chaos is what they had in Chicago '68 and unless people are looking to start a serious revolution, that type of violence (or much worse) is not something you want to incite as a protester. Remember Kent State? Right now, faking a terror attack is going to get you hurt bad.

These liberals are probably the same people who insisted on having orange tips on toy guns to prevent cops from shooting a kid by mistake -- now they think it's a good idea to rub gunpowder on themselves and pretend to be Al-Qaeda? Earth to liberals, earth to liberals...