1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Conversion cylinders

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by kencat, Jul 28, 2010.

1. kencat

kencat New Member

I have a Uberty Rem. 1858 New Army and I am looking for a conversion cylinder for it. As far as fit and quality, does one manufacture stand out. Do you get a good fit from the get go or do they need to be tweaked in order to get the proper fit. I'm not very handy and tweaking it to make it fit is out of the question. If they don't come with a quality fit , is it expensive for the cylinder to be fitted to the gun by a pro. Also, who is a good company to deal with over the internet. Thanks Ken
  2. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

My buddy purchased a conversion cylinder from Fall Creek:
    http://www.fcsutler.com/fccwrevolvers.asp
    He sent the gun to them directly to have it custom fit, as it did not index quite right at first, but they adjusted it and sent it back right away. It works great, I've used it.
  3. Pustic

Pustic Member

I found a Pietta .45 cal. R&D conversion cylinder at a gun show for $150.00. I wasted no time purchasing it. I have five 1858 Remingtons, three are Piettas, two steel and one brass. I can shoot live rounds with the steel and shoot snap caps with the brass.