Convulsions of hunted animals information request

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by tmaly33, Jun 14, 2011.

1. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I believe in the cause, I could care less what tree hugger gets ahold of the footage IF indeed they ever did, and im gonna be killing animals anyway so I might as well make the best of it for someone like doc tom to use and help some folks in the service that put themselves in harms way for the sake of us.. I also believe the type of research being done here requires a bit of anonymity to achieve. So I have but 1 suggestion for you brother. If it isnt good enough for you, simply dont participate. And dont turn this thread into a giant flame war over what MIGHT happen if some bleeding heart whacko gets ahold of the footage and turns it into something it isnt. If you truly want no part of any such reprocussions, and I can see a legitimate possibility of it, so your concerns are not un-warranted, then just dont participate in the research.. Its a simple solution to your problem and allows us to keep this thread on topic..
  2. Pete338

Pete338 New Member

G'day Jack, being an Aussie you'd know the sh+t that went down in the last couple of weeks, Aus. live beef exports have been suspended to Indonesia to the considerable detriment of hundreds of beef producers, transporters and allied industries.

This was done on the strength of a press release by a greeny anti gun anti every bloody thing mob that showed footage of some real "below average" slaughtering practises in Indonesia.

These people are committed to bringing all live exports to an end and then turn their attention to most things that hunters/family pet owners/etc etc hold dear.

(Have a look at animalsaustralia.org ......google it.....anti duck shooting/rodeos/meat chicken farming etc etc)

Does anyone really think the greenies went into the Indonesian Abbattoirs and honestly declared that they were out to bring the industries to their knees....They would have used subterfuge and lies to get in the door.

Our mate Tomas MALY has perhaps gained some trust and could be far from what he says he is.

The European countries have hundreds of abbattoirs and thousands of hunters where he could gather all the data he says he needs. He is of course IMO wanting 'less than perfect' animal deaths in video evidence form supplied by hunters that might show the alleged suffering of animals.

His whole story on this site and Aus (http://www.aushunt.com.au) is hardly credible to any subjective examination given what information is available to most of us in Aus. at this stage.

Doesn't look like he's getting much joy in Aus, what you fellas do, is of course entirely in your hands.

Hooroo for now.
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2011
  3. tmaly33

tmaly33 New Member

I didn't want to start the flame war really.

I decided this way to collect the materials because I don't want to kill the animals for our experiments. Of course, I can buy few animals and the certified butcher, who will shoot them the bolt to their brains, but this is what I don't want to do.

I selected the Australia because this is the big country with many farms, where people are putting down big animals for other reasons already. I thought it will be easy to get some materials here.
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2011
  4. jindydiver

jindydiver New Member

No flaming coming from me. The only person being rude on here is your mate Jack.
  5. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

G'day Pete sorry but theres a side to this you aint aware of , i'll give you a bell later , i just got back in and just want a hot shower and some coffee

cheers

Tom sorry mate ..

jindy see you later
  6. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I disagree jindy. Jack told you he would fill you in when he got back. Youve inflamed the conversation with a list of demands, which is fine and you were rather polite with them from what I read, just rather pushy.. But have a little patience. Jack brought Doc Tom here to see if the avid hunters here at TFF could help his research. So if you wish to help his cause then by all means please do, if not, then please allow us to keep things geared toward progressing his research, not arguing over the whos who and whats what of the matter.
  7. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

never mind folks , sorry this got outta hand

i should know to do exactly what my betters demand of me in the new order
    and do it within minutes of them demanding it too!! it dont matter that i tried to explain i did not have the info with me that i'd pass all i had along as soon as i could

i forgot though , its not good enough and for that i am sorry , i must remember that the elite types can demand the impossible and ridicule you when you cant do it and you cant say boo back otherwise they'll start ringing round trying to get you into strife

but i just never get it eh

thick is me , just thick

i must learn to bow to my betters

so sorry
  8. tmaly33

tmaly33 New Member

By the way, how can the grass eating horse get the botulism?
    And what were the symptoms?
  9. tmaly33

tmaly33 New Member

Is this thread still open?
  10. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

yes and a pressy for you ( sorry for the delay the big hunting season has just opened and got folks in the field now)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEwG8Khg6_s&feature=related

this footage is from last years cull in the NT ..

0.20 the donkey in front , full frontal lobe blown away , but the movements..

contact the gent who posted this , he's on a donkey and camel cull now ..

he's happy to send you the unedited ... but not to post it , you can see the comments he gets from the edited version
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  11. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

and sorry for the slagging you got from some of the aussie forums the same names posting every where , all experts and know your a spy for greenpeace in melbourne ..

seems i'm a yank now , a dumb one too and i wonder why they have a hard time keeping members up

s'ok the same folks all publicly declared i was poaching some farmers deer the first time i posted a hunt shot to prove there where wild deer here .. but let's not mention that eh ...

same folks now try to control deer hunting and other forms of "our" sport .. they are good at flip flopping ..

sheeesh

Doc hope this helps you help sick folks .. good luck eh ,
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  12. tmaly33

tmaly33 New Member

13. tmaly33

tmaly33 New Member

Re: Convulsions of hunted animals

Yes, the spine has its own "logic". It is not just the 'wires' from the head to the muscles. I am not sure if I can explain in English correctly, because it's not my native language.

These spinal centers are responsible for many reflexes. When the child touches the hot radiator, it moves the finger away much earlier before it notices the pain. It is called spinal arc.

These spinal arcs may be used for diagnostic also. The knee reflex you may know from an neurology examination is such example.

When the doctor hits your knee with a rubber hammer, you'll kick.
    When you'll try to do that to someone, who has cerebral palsey for example, he will react much stronger.
    It is because the reflex is located in the spine, but the brain can calm it down. Wit the brain motion centers damaged, the calming is weak or missing, so the reflex is stronger.
    When you'll try to do that to someone, who has spine injury, you'll see no reflex probably.
    When you'll try to do that to the animal with bullet in the brain, it will kick again and again, because no brain response... until it will fade.
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  14. tmaly33

tmaly33 New Member

By the way, the brain-dead animal can continue to breath and heartbeat till the nerves will die.

There is "emergency" center for the the heart control and automatic breath. It is located where the spine leaves the brain. it controls the heart and the breath during the deep anesthesia for example.
  15. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

Was that Ted Nuggent behind the rifle?
  16. tmaly33

tmaly33 New Member

I don't know him personally. He provided me one video only.
  17. tmaly33

tmaly33 New Member

I had an experience with the female roe deer killed by car. It had her head crushed completelly an the convulsions were visible for about 6 mins, as JLA describes.

Jack,is there the horse or donkey culling season in Australia currently?
  18. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I aint had to put any animals down in many months thank god. But, Im glad your research continues doc.
  19. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Vet said it was probably from bad hay. Dont know for sure.

Symptoms were stiffness and excessive slobbering, confusion, hyperventilating, uncontrollable defacation and urination, almost like his body was disconnected from his brain. My initial thought was hydrophobe (rabies), but the Vet ruled that out with a blood sample.

Behavior went on for 4 days before I put him down.
  20. shorter260513

shorter260513 New Member

I have always heard it can be caused by moldy hay wont bother cows much but is bad for horses