Cooey 22 rifle

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by kmoore, Oct 15, 2009.

1. kmoore

kmoore New Member

Hello, I have .22 rifle manufactured by Cooey its a bolt action tube fed, no ser.# looks like it says model 60. in brand new condition, does anyone have any information on this rifle. i would appreciate any feed back. thanks Ken.
  2. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Made under the Cooey { Canada } name prior to 1961, in 1961 Winchester purchased Cooey and continued to build the Cooey Model 60 until the sometime in the 1970's. I believe the first Model 60 evolved before 1940. Other than that,t I know of no resource that can date it for you. Value, probably around 150.
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
  3. Jolly Bill

Jolly Bill Member

kmoore,

Seen one in a local area gunshop that looked to be in decent condition. Asking price: $169.00.

Jolly
  4. williamd

williamd New Member

Owned Cooey's when I lived/worked in BC for several yeas. Good rifles. Canada had some funny stuff quite a few years ago. Pontiac Parisianne, Pontiac with Chevrolet on the valve covers, Fargo pickups, ....
  5. kmoore

kmoore New Member

Rjay,Jolly Bill,Williamd, thanks for sharing your knowledge.