Cool WWII Rifle Story

Discussion in 'General Military Arms & History Forum' started by LTC123, Jan 7, 2012.

1. LTC123

LTC123 New Member

I was looking at the website for the Keystone Armory and saw this news story posted on their page. It is a little old so I may be repeating something that was already posted here but I thought it was pretty neat! The link at the bottom of the page has the newspaper/detailed version of the story. Looks like they probably have a good share of old military guns. Will probably have to swing in if I am ever in the area.
    John

http://thekeystonearmory.com/blogs/news/2019522-rifle-finds-its-way-home-after-65-years

http://www.goerie.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110126/NEWS02/301269963/-1/ETN
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

good to see its back in the family ..

cheers for the story!
  3. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

That a great story and a great first post, Welcome to TFF LTC !

Semper Fi,

Woolley
  4. hkruss

hkruss Active Member

Good story, and thanks for sharing.

Welcome to TFF.

5. Brisk44

Brisk44 New Member

Very cool.
  6. LTC123

LTC123 New Member

Kind of make you wonder how often it happens, wish the original owner would have been around to see it happen!
  7. geds

geds New Member

Way cool story! Thanks for sharing it with us and welcome from the Heart of Dixie!
  8. Treeman53

Treeman53 Member

Keystone Armory is an awesome gun shop, lots of military, lots of handguns, and lots of everything else. The guys are great too, very friendly atmosphere.
  9. langenc

langenc Member

So where is the Keystone Armory located.

Not in Northeast or IL I hope. I dont go to gun unfriendly places.
  10. LTC123

LTC123 New Member

I made the drive up there last weekend. It is located in Edinboro Pennsylvania just outside Erie PA. Treeman53 was correct, I have not been in a nicer gun store, period. Very relaxed and friendly atmosphere with a large inventory of firearms. They say they have been there less than two years, seems like a well established place with fair prices. A better selection than I imagined, I thought it was going to be all military firearms but they had something for everybody interested in hunting or shooting. I will make the drive again (probably more than once!) Must see gun store if you are in the Erie area.
    John