Coonan Arms .357

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 26, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

ruffitt
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/4/02 11:24:08 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All
    ezSupporter
    Coonan 357 Semi Auto
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Could one of you gentlemen provide a fair market price for a used Coonan Cadet (3.9 inch bbl) .357 semi-auto?

Have originl box, papers, 2 magazines and magazine loading rod.

Pistol is in exscellent condition, with only a couple minor exterior surface blemishes that could be tken out with a bit of buffing.

Thanx

RuffItt

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/4/02 11:34:09 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Coonan 357 Semi Auto
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You collecting even more handguns ruffitt???

Sounds pretty - but where's the picture.

ps - hope you are doing well and that you have a wonderful 4th!

ruffitt
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/4/02 11:40:41 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    TLynn -

Thanx for your 4th of July well wishes.

No, I do not have a pic (yet), but it is one that I had at the Hun Fest last year, so it is not anything in addition to what I 've already got. The only "new" pistol I have is my Kahr K40 in .40 S&W that I bought last November.

Things are going GREAT now that I've got my trans tracheal catheter and can (hopefully) stay out of the hospital for a while.

Regards

RuffItt

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/4/02 11:43:46 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    As I recall it was a very pretty gun ruffit. Glad to hear you are doing better - and hope AntiqueDr comes along soon to give you an idea on the value.

the real fredneck
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/4/02 4:51:22 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Coonan 357 Semi Auto
    ruffitt, wasn't that the one that had blinding muzzle flash even when fired in bright sunlight?

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/4/02 5:40:53 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Coonan 357 Semi Auto
    Hey Ruff, is this it?

According to the the 27th edition, Blue Book of Gun Values
    100% $785.00
    98% $630.00
    95% $500.00

I hope this helps

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/4/02 6:42:02 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Model B's are bringing around $500-$650. Model A's theoretically are worth about 25% more but its a hard sell at that kind of money.
    We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com
    Master Dealer for Kimber, Wilson Combat and Dan Wesson

ruffitt
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/4/02 11:07:17 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Yeah ZigZag, that looks exactly like the one I have (I can say this 'cause I know where you got the pic from ).

I am assuming (yeah, I know what happens when one does this) that the amounts you indicated were for the pistol only.

As the magazines go for a minimum of $75.00 each (when and IF they can be found, and I have two of them with the orange followers), the original box and papeprwork as well as the magazin loading tool, do you think it would be within reason to ask $800.00 - $850.00 IF I decide to put it on the market?