coonan model a

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by mike gell, Jun 22, 2008.

1. mike gell

mike gell New Member

years ago , at a shot show in Dallas Texas i saw a coonan model a . also had a chance to shoot one at a place called target masters in Dallas .
    was not impressed with accuracy but it worked great and looked the same . anyhow alot of water has gone over the dam ..
    recently I found one for sale . price is a mute point law of supply and demand , that's not the issuse .
    question is this . gun has had some work done to it , re : ambi safety otherwise supossed to be org . It is also mag-na-ported . was this an orig.
    opt . ?????? Don't believe the gun I fired was ported . want it as close to
    box stock as I can get . Don't need 3 holes in the end of the barrel if it wasn't offered or born that way .
    thanks
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi Mike......welcome to TFF. :)

I'm not personally knowledgeable on the Coonan, but I checked both the Blue Book and the Standard Catalog of Firearms and neither mention either the Model A, or it's improved brother, the Model B, as being available from the factory with Mag-na-porting as an option.
  3. mike gell

mike gell New Member

Xracer,
    sorry for the delay , that's what I thought . was in New Mexico last week . Found new (old stock) model A also picked up well used one .
    So got one for show and one for go . my son likes to hunt hogs . I won't mind that one hitting the trail .
    thanks for your help

mike