Coonan??

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by JUNKKING, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

They look well made. I guess they are all 357?
  2. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

I did a google search on them DD and it looks to be they are all 357 magnum. I guess they have some following to be expensive as they are and have figured the feeding issue out. I am going to look at that one tomorrow but doubt I will buy it. Im only about to get into reloading and I would like to stick to 45ACP as a main caliber until I become more knowledge as to figure out how I want my loads. I have an XDM 40 thats hardly used but it still is used. If I can get any type of trade for it I may consider but I doubt the XDM is worth much.
  3. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

They also made a .41 Magnum.
  4. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

The Coonan Rep came out about 6 months ago and I got to shoot one. Very sweet shooting, and not a single problem. All are in 357 at this time. The rep said after a good break in period they would shoot 38's but non of us tried. There is a stainless one on the range program now. The finish work is top notch. Yeah its a 1400 dollar price tag but there are others out there with the same price that are not nearly as nice.
  5. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

I went to check out the Coonan today it was gone. Someone bought it yesterday. I asked the guy how the grip was he said it was a very thin grip and wasnt at all hard to handle though he never fired it. He also said the workmanship was one of the best he had seen in any pistol it compared to any high dollar 1911 and out did some of the ones he seen. My loss I guess. He did though offer me 450 n a trade or 400 cash for my XDM 40. It was more than I thought I would get but brought it home with me in case I find some other gun I would want to use it as a trade on.
  6. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Junk, I am checking stock every day for the 2011 tactical. If they show up and you are still in the market, I will let you know.
  7. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

Very nice but I will have to wait with that $$ tag...
  8. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

Thanks DD Im looking for something. I just have that bug.