Cops Illegally Break Into Your Home? Shoot 'Em It's Legal In Indiana

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by jack404, Jun 13, 2012.

1. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

2. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

Can't they just knock on the door. Use a bull horn. They don't have to use gestopo tactics and break doors and windows destroying property.
  3. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

That guy sure talks a lot to not say anything, don't he.

Why couldn't he say that the law says that if the police break into your house, you can treat them like anyone else that is breaking into your house. Simple.

Indiana Supreme Court said that if a cop breaks into my house, like with a no-knock warrant, in the middle of the night, all dressed in black wearing a ski mask, and I shoot him, defending my life and my property, then I'm going to jail because cops are above the law and cannot be touched.

This new law appears to say that if a cop breaks into my house, illegally, I can treat him like any other home invader and blow him away.

This is a good thing. Why? Because cops are NOT above the law. At least, they shouldn't be.
  4. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

5. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

Give a guy a gun and a badge, it goes to his head, he's king of the world. The only perfect cop was Andy Griffith and he was not real. But you know he alone improved the image.
  6. James Dylan

James Dylan New Member

If I didn't know they were police, I might. Hopefully I would be able to identify a uniform or at least make my intensions known, allowing whom ever it was to identify themselves, before I just started shooting. Once I adequately identified them as police I would put my gun away and find out what the hell is going on. If they had no reasonable reason (what?) to be in my house or didn't have warrant I believe my next course of action would involve an attorney. If they refused to identify themselves and leave my house I would probably try to sit tight and call the police. If they approached me or my family unidentified with unknown intesions while in my home then yes, I would probably shoot.
  7. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

Good strategy Dylan, I'm going to try and memorize that one.
  8. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

i hope you folks never go through the gun control BS that happened here

i had a good mate murdered by rogue cops who forgot who they served

and sadly 80% of the good cops then left the force .. not wanting to be associated with scumbags

90% of cops are good folks , but the 10% , just like the rest of humanity leave a lot to be desired and put folks onto this whole BS cop hating deal
  9. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Bad idea.

Call the best lawyer you can find and prosecute them.

I mean if you want to fire on officers entering your home without a warrant, be my guest... I don't want to be the next Waco Siege.
  10. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

cops coming without warrants are prone to shoot the people in the house from my experience

i've had a dozen cops here no warrant , they can use my phone to call to get one and i'll make em coffee while they wait ( most the time its recods of firearms etc)

firearms squad can do "spot" inspections (no warning) but have a special annual warrant thats agreed to as part of having a permit here ( i've a dealers permit) but regular cops need a warrant ( or i may be up for privacy complaints!@!!)

but they know they go farther than what i say without one and i'll toss em out them sue them and their department , one tried and i explained his uniform now no longer mattered as he was committing a offence and i'd detain him and call PIC ( police integrity commision) to haul his butt away , he left and came back with his boss and we all had coffee .. The boss is a good bloke and Veteran..
  11. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I hear my front door crash in, I grab my gun, and take cover behind the bed. The door to my bedroom is kept closed. The door bursts open, and a man steps into the door way, flashlight beam looking for a target. I haven't heard the words "Police", not once! You can bet your last dollar that when that man steps into that doorway, I'll shoot! It might be the last thing I ever do, but it will be done!
  12. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

thats the case your a fool to not shoot
  13. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    http://www.doncordellforpresident.com/64.htm
    Friday, October 2, 1992 in Ventura Co, CA cops decided that “maybe” the owner of a large Avocado orchard, Donald Scott, (Millionaire of the Scott Paper Products Company) might be growing Marijuana somewhere on his property, so they invaded his home, about 8:30 AM, homeowner is in the house hearing all the commotion, exited the bedroom door with a gun in his hand, he was shot dead. The cops had even estimated how much the cops would inherit; for the police department if they found drugs on the property. Guess what, no drugs, no Marijuana found, homeowner dead.

There are way too many of these stories!
  14. Grizz

Grizz Active Member

Yeah just recently a young vet was at home with his wife and children, he was sleeping and the cops came in ski masks with a no knock warrent. The wife woke up her husband scared they were going to get robbed, he grabbed his AR and had it pointing at the door. The swat team busted his door down and unloaded about 100 rounds into him. After that they identified themselves as cops to his wife. All because he "might" have been involved with some money laundering.
  15. lawdawg

lawdawg Member

Search warrants are pretty hard to get, "No-Knock" warrants are especially hard to get. I've managed to get a few, but had to explain with my rear-end why I needed a no-knock warrant, ie: officer safety issues such as prior threats to immediately kill police officers if they tried to serve a search warrant. Normally police are required to "knock and announce", wait for a reasonable amount of time before forcibly entering a residence with a search warrant. The "no-knock" element just eliminates the requirement to knock and announce, NOT to properly identify yourself upon entering and/or encountering occupants. I've been a participant in numerous search warrants in my career, but have NEVER been party to one where the police did not properly identify themselves, such as shouting "POLICE! SEARCH WARRANT! GET ON THE FLOOR!" or something similar repeatedly as they entered the building. Therefore I'm a little skeptical when I hear accounts of police breaking into homes unannounced and failing to identify themselves as police. Not saying it doesn't happen, but not nearly as often as some of these "victims" report it. These officers are usually highly trained and know that the law requires them to identify themselves. Serving search warrants or fugitive arrest warrants are probably the most dangerous parts of law enforcement and is usually not taken lightly by officers; hence the extensive training in this area. Mistakes happen, of course, and there are horror stories of the wrong houses being searched, and innocent people getting hurt or killed. But a lot of work goes into making sure that these mistakes are eliminated. Believe it or not, but the thought of harming or killing, or even arresting an innocent person is what keeps me and the majority of other cops awake at night. I pray to God that never happens. I know that a lot of people think we get our jollies by bullying law-abiding citizens, but nothing could be further from the truth, at least as far as I'm concerned.

As a citizen, if someone busted into my home unannounced and unidentified, I would shoot them too. But if they properly identified themselves as police, I would not resist their search. But they better have their ducks in a row, because if they did not have a properly obtained warrant, I would never stop suing them.

I'm not sure about other states (I would assume they have similar regulations), but Alabama law requires that all search warrants be served during daylight hours, except for drug cases or the affidavit positively stating that the property is on the person or place. An example of this would be if an officer responded to a house on a domestic dispute (had legal right to be there) and observed stolen property inside the house that he positively identified as stolen, and obtained a warrant to seize the property.

-
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2012