Cops stop using black targets

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by petesusn, Feb 16, 2010.

1. petesusn

petesusn New Member

2. Redhand

Redhand Active Member

What color target could one shoot without offending some group?:confused::eek::rolleyes::cool:
  3. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Yeah kinda the same thing I was thinkin.
  4. Kieran McCaig

Kieran McCaig New Member

I tell people Blacks get to us the other side of the target.:D:D:D:D:)
  5. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

If they use blue targets, wouldn't that offend Smurfs? Or Andorians? Or Chiss?:eek::D:D
  6. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Or the UN?:eek:
  7. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Well they could always go back to shooting the iconic cop 'bad guy' target. Now most people don't know that guy was a cop, but he was. Didn't that guy just die?

Regardless, that vid was the funniest thing I have seen all week. I'm still drying my eyes, thanks Pete!
  8. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Meh, who cares if the UN gets offended?:eek::p:D;)
  9. Eddie N

Eddie N New Member

So what color targets would the PC crowd like to see? Oh, I'm sorry, they would like us to be the targets of the bad guys!:rolleyes:
    Funny, but ridiculous.
  10. NitroDave08

NitroDave08 New Member

Yes, I think there is a post on here somewhere about it, here is the poster

[​IMG]
  11. Redhand

Redhand Active Member

Almost like asking What was your favorite maker beer can to shoot or bottle or jar?:rolleyes:
  12. Redhand

Redhand Active Member

Does anyone get offended by the White x in a silhouette or even the Kill,wound numbers on those targets?:rolleyes: The only time I get offended is when I stupid up and miss the X.:rolleyes:
  13. The_Rifleman

The_Rifleman New Member

Even thought I think it's a joke, it would serve them right... Hear me out.

I was having trouble shooting my smaller target at 300 yards with my Eddystone, so I decided that my sights were made for a different shaped target, a man shaped target. It seemed logical, the rifle was made specifically for WWII.

So I made a target from my shape, then put my small targets where the center head was and where the heart was. I was hitting the small targets almost every time I shot at them. Cool!

So I decided that I should see how the store bought targets are scored so I could see how well I really was doing. I joined a sniper site, figuring a sniper would know, and asked how to score the targets. You know, where do the circles or what have I go and how big so i could make my own.

Well!

I was told that unless I was law enforcement or in the military, that I shouldn't be shooting at a target shaped like a man! And if they provided me with that, (evidently, top secret information,) they would be totally irresponsible!
    Maybe that site sold the targets?

On a lighter note, my target was white!

On a more serious note; I concluded I just needed reference points I could see at that distance, I started using a cross when I wanted to shoot a target I couldn't see at greater distances. I'd just put the item to shoot in the center. Two problems solved!
    Unless that means I want to shoot Templar Knights.