Cougar Hunting in South Dakota

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by warpig, Feb 24, 2003.

1. warpig

warpig Guest

Dave3
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/12/03 7:39:23 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Cougar Hunting in South Dakota
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I saw on the Outdoors.net home page the other day that South Dakota is going to allow cougar hunting with hounds. That souds like a pretty good time. In a day when they are "taking" all the time it's nice to see the hunters "getting".

I heard that there was talk of a weasel season but law enforcement officials could not guarantee tom daschel's safety. Who elect's that King weasel? (I'm sorry if I affended any Weasels comparing them to Tom Dashel)

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/12/03 7:56:55 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Cougar Hunting in South Dakota
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You are right that weasel would not be safe He is such a scumbag. I live in SD and cannot understand why the people vote for him.

Good thing on the cat hunting. I doubt my hounds would chase one though.

Ignorance is a crime in 49 states. In the other one it is bliss.

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/12/03 10:29:18 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Cougar Hunting in South Dakota
    Thought that Beagle bitch would chase anything, Pig - sic her onto a tabby cat and find out if she's cougar material or not!!

(Tho't Volin had more stray cats than people!)
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/13/03 9:01:40 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    She is hell on the neighbors cats, nuff said.

ShootingInVT
    (2/14/03 1:40:06 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Good idea...
    I think pursuing the cougars with dogs is a great idea...you better have some brave poochs though...

I suppose a pack of barking hounds would probably drive a cat up a tree...

I'd love an opportunity to do that....

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/14/03 4:15:59 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Good idea...
    Been there, done that - and believe me, it is a thrill. The ride on the back of a running mule through the pucker brush and trying to shield your face is all part of it.
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

bigboom338
    (2/21/03 9:25:05 pm)
    I live in SD and have not heard that we can hunt them legally yet,but cant wait till we can. Me and warpig will have to put our hounds together.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/22/03 9:18:56 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Hi Mike.

for all you guys that have seen my coon hunting pictures and heard the stories. bigboom338 is one of my hunting partners.

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/22/03 5:00:42 pm)
    oh, gawd!!!!
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/22/03 6:43:21 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    This is his PU in the picture. We got all these coons out of a silo. I think the final count that night was 21 with 18 or 19 coming out of the one silo. It was quite a shooting match in there

bigboom338
    (2/25/03 2:28:19 am)
    And if you look closley you will see alot of the necissary tools needed for coon huntin,chain saw,tow rope,shovel and an axe.Missing is our 40ft extension ladder......lol "Aim small miss small

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/25/03 9:00:51 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del

Don't for get the trebel hooks and fishing line, hammer, hatchet, smoke bombs, barb wire, hog catcher, rifle mounted scope lights, rifle mounted walking light, ect, ect.

Remember when Phil had all that crap mounted on his rifle? Looked like the Terminator or something

bigboom338
    (2/25/03 4:00:46 pm)
    That was some funny stuff!!!!!

Hey, no swearing. Some people have kids and stuff who read this so we try to keep things as clean as possible

But you are right it was some funny *&&%*)*
    "Aim small miss small"

Edited by: warpig883 at: 2/25/03 4:19:48 pm

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/25/03 4:22:20 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    The other day his dad looked me up and wanted me to come and shoot a skunk that is living in a culvert under his driveway. He even told me I could use his gun.

I asked him why he don't shoot it? He did not say to much. I think he runs like a little girl when he sees a wild animal. Must run in the family

I gave him one of those big smoke bombs and told him to smoke it out and then shoot it.