County Fair Funny

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pinecone70, Aug 15, 2009.

1. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

I went to the Fair in my county this afternoon, sat with my friend. Her dad returned from a short stroll around the fairgrounds and said the GOP booth was hopping, people hanging around laughing. The DFL booth was absolutely vacant, even the man that was supposed to be handing out pamphlets was gone, his little booth was ignored by all! I had to go out and see for myself, I do live in a very Republican part of my state, but this little situation really made me grin!
  2. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I live in a similarly-inclined area. I wore a shirt that said, "NOBAMA - KEEP THE CHANGE" to a local fair last year and actually had a moron at the Democrat tent talking to me. I and my wife laughed our butts off after I got freed from them. Obviously, they weren't bright enough to light a urinal... :eek:
  3. Suicide*Ride

Suicide*Ride New Member

Too bad you didn't get a picture. Sounds hilarious!! :D

SR
  4. Suwannee Tim

Suwannee Tim New Member

DFL = Democrat Farm Labor Party. Not everyone speaks Minnesotan Pinecone.

You a brave man, Pony. You can get hurt doing things like that.
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
  5. topper

topper New Member

suwannee tim, i'm glad you defined "DFL". I speak Texas Drawl so, i cannot understand minnesota pinecone, sorry. ya'll have a nice day!

Keep both barrels loaded!
  6. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

I may as well have called it the Obama Booth, that's pretty much what it was.
  7. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

I just can't visualize Obamaites at a county Fair and I have a pretty good imagination. It would be kind of like a sucker fish in the Sahara.
  8. dbrodin

dbrodin New Member

What county if I may ask? The DFL never has a presence at our county fairs (we have two). They have such a strangle hold on the area they don't feel the need. I've spent many hours in our booth passing out balloons to the kids. You wouldn't believe the number of parents that won't let their kids have a balloon because it has a elephant on it! :(:(
  9. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

I'm in Wright County. The fair has expanded a bit but has not changed much over the years.