The Firearms Forum banner

Couple SBR questions

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  salvageer 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Apologies in advance if this has been brought up before.

I have just finished a 300 Blackout AR pistol.....Lower was purchased as "Other" (not rifle), and I put a pistol buffer tube on it, and topped it off with an 8.2" Noveseke Rouge Hunter upper. From the research I have done, I know that this is legal, but I guess I just need confirmation...although a little late. :)

My main question though is: Is there any feature or option that I shouldn't add because it would make it illegal? i.e...Sights, lasers, flashlights, forearm pistol grip, etc...? What about firing it from a shouldered position, where the buffer tube is against your shoulder?

I'd like to post as pic….but let me get some answers back first.

Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
Welcome from Harriman, Freedom Lover

As for sights and other goodies. Nope, you're not regulated. As for firing fom the shoulder, as long as you do not have a stock on it and you don't mind the buffer tube pounding into your shoulder,go for it.

#7 ·
That is sweeeet. Nothing wrong with that set-up. I wasn't sure on the pistol grip forearm, that's good to know for the future.

I'll be down your way tomorrow (I deliver to Denso), can I come play with it? :D

#12 ·
Your pistol looks great!! Can't use a forearm vertical grip, but they do now sell an "arm brace" for the AR pistol. ATF approved. When not attached to your arm, works as a short stock......
I had never heard of an arm brace. Did a google search. Found the SIG SB15. Very interesting and cool looking but kinda pricey. Don't think it would be LEGAL to use as a shoulder stock though. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.