Cowardice the status quo?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mjolnir, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Mjolnir

Mjolnir New Member

I was just curious as to when being a coward became the acceptable approach to situations. My girlfriends roommate told me a story about one of her friends watching a little girl be abducted the other day in his apartment complex. He called the cops, however that does not seem enough to me. No one in the entire complex went out and actually tried to stop the situation. When I got angry about it my girlfriend responded, " they could have had a gun" Exactly, that little girl certainly didn't have any way to protect herself and no one stepped up to do so. Why has society become so cowardly and why is it acceptable?
  2. kingnothingugm

kingnothingugm Member

Sad but true. The typical response is "what about me?" He could have had a gun!? Those people SHOULD have had a gun. They don't make holsters large enough to hold police officers so why would anyone rely on them for protection? Arm yourselves and protect AT LEAST the children! Sorry for the rant. I know how you feel my friend.
  3. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Because the sheeple are brainwashed into thinking that they CANNOT defend themselves. That they must call the police for everything. That way, the sheeple become dependent on the gov't for everything. Well, no thank you. I can defend myself just fine. And I"m sorry to all the liberals, brainwashed minions, and Obamite whimps, but I would have interveined to stop that child from being abducted! "But they might have had a gun" Well good for them, I have one too! But mine is legal.
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
  4. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

They don't make holsters large enough to hold police officers That's a GREAT response to anyone who asks, "Why would anyone want to carry a GUN!" I hope you don't mind if I 'borrow' . . . .
  5. kingnothingugm

kingnothingugm Member

Feel free. I can't claim that one though. I honestly can't quote the originator of the idea either. But I don't believe they would mind either.
  6. Deathbunny

Deathbunny Former Guest

7. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

+1
    The brainwashing is working. :mad:
  8. Ed K

Ed K New Member

They fear lawsuit as well as being cowards wimps it should have been their kid maybe next time it will be. Call the cops call a lawyer not necessarly in that order
  9. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

With or without a gun legal or not I do believe I would have stepped up and helped the child. Now as for the abductors, we have gators around here that need to be feed.:D
  10. Mjolnir

Mjolnir New Member

What is more irritating about the situation is that the guy who called the cops is evidently a black belt martial artist. What is the point of that training if you don't use it when needed?
  11. KING64

KING64 New Member

I have no burning desire to be a hero but if confronted with a child abduction I am sure, armed or not (and 90% of the time I am armed) I would have made efforts to thwart the abductor's efforts. I cannot imagine standing by watching and listening to a child's screams as someone attempts to pull them away. Put myself in harm's way? I suppose, but rather that than live with the consequences of my inaction. How would one feel if the child's mutilated body was later found and you had not taken any action to stop the dirt bag?
  12. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Mutilated body. That's what I'm thinking will be the outcome of that sorry sadsack display of spinlessness. That poor little girl will probably be raped, tortured, and killed. I hope those p****** can live with that for the rest of their miserable, useless, coward lives.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
  13. Mjolnir

Mjolnir New Member

The horrible state of our country is quickly wearing down my sanity.
  14. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Comments from people who have been in harms way please?

I have, and its not always black and white. If unarmed would you rush to help a young lady being assaulted? Bang! Would you stay back and call the cops? Too late. Military people, wounded exposed to enemy fire. Go get them? Depends on a lot, armour available? wait for dark? call for smoke? too late. Cowardice? I would think very carefully before using the term.

Now bravery is a much better term. My uncle, an Army doctor in Korea got decorated for treating wounded soldiers while exposed to enemy fire. Remaining with them rather than retire to safety. Never mentioned it once that I remember. A very brave and modest man who never fired a shot in anger, and used to play with my toys when he came round.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2009
  15. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

Thank you for your wisdom, insights and points to ponder, Tranter. Very few things in life are black and white issues. I suppose if they were, life would be a whole lot simpler.

Your uncle sounds like a wonderful man of honor; what a blessing to have had his example in your life.