Cowboy Up!....show us your cowboy action guns...

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by B27, Oct 3, 2012.

1. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I miss my cowboy guns. I had an oglesby worked Ruger Vaquero .45 colt. Traded it for a smoker rig. :(
  2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Musta been a helluva smoker.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

It is... folks at the TFF meets havent complained about the BBQ coming out of it. Course I completely reworked it as soon as I got it.
  4. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Them was, by the by, a pair of 5 1/2" US Firearms 38/40s, then my Mississippi pistol, 11" 12 gauge SxS. The stainless 92 is my main match gun and the blue one is back up. Both 44/40.

Then my little girl shooting my favorite Husqvarna 16 gauge underlever.

73 and a 66, again, both 44/40.
    [​IMG]

The Spencer for when I'm feeling really froggy.
    [​IMG]
  5. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I am not really partial to cowboy guns even though I have a couple:

Attached Files:

6. don 3

don 3 New Member

7. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

I purchased a Heritage .22mag/.22lr single action revolver yesterday. I guess a single action is the same as cowboy action right? How do you make it to shoot like a semi auto like how doc holliday did on the movie tombstone(1993) ?
  8. Donnie D

Donnie D New Member

What kind of gun is this. I like it.

Donnie D :D
  9. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

It started life as a Rossi "Overland". 20" "coachgun", SxS double, 3" chambers, 12 gauge.

Now it's a -- little bit shorter. :cool:
  10. wleoff

wleoff New Member

Primary.....
    [​IMG]
    Extras....
    [​IMG]
    Marlins....
    [​IMG]
    Winchesters.....
    [​IMG]
    Still need a Scofield and a Spenser
  11. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Wow, what a nice collection of hardware. Damn, those are some mighty fine art pieces.
  12. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Coyote Cap Special Editions
    [​IMG]
  13. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

That is hitting below the belt. You have excellent taste. Tell some about them.
  14. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Well, back in about 02 or 3, this gunsmith up north somewheres, called Coyote Cap had an idea. The Chinese had reverse engineered the Winchester 97, and after a few false starts, had made some pretty good one. The Chinese SKS and M14 and 1911 were all good guns. So he knew they COULD do it, just WOULD they.

So he went to China. Talked to 'em. Come back over here and said, "They'll do it, but they need guaranteed sales. So them what wants 'em put down a deposit and be prepared to wait."

So I send in my fifty bucks and I wait. Cap made many trips over there. Made 'em scrap many many guns. One of the problems is they kept wanting to cast the receivers, and he said, "No dod gammit, they will be forged". He also had several things special in mind. Extra thick barrel, threaded for chokes. 18 1/4" barrel. Bead front sight three-times normal size, so it was easier to pick up. Things like that. And the first guns arrived, in '05. Helluva wait. And he was pissed. "THIS AIN'T WHAT WE AGREED ON!!" 20" barrel, standard thickness, I/C chock, normal size bead. "TRY AGAIN!" But he took those first 200 and he re-worked the internals and he made 'em work they way they was supposed to. The heathen-chinee had taken some shortcuts without Cap standin' over 'em crackin' the whip. So they made the next batch right. They came in in ought six.

Cap told us that had the first 200 numbers, that we could take that first one, and he'd sell the next one when it came in. Or he could sell that one, and we could wait for the RIGHT one to come in. Or we could take 'em both.

You'll notice that the one on the bottom has a recoil pad and a slightly shorter length of pull? You'll also notice that the top one's barrel is just a wee bit longer? I took 'em both. They do talk to you. Just a bit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  15. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Oh, and all the ones that Cap turned down (with the cast receivers), that were supposed to be scrapped, were sold over here to IAC. For a whole lot less money than Cap's cost.