Coyote hunting...

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by warpig, Feb 24, 2003.

1. warpig

warpig Guest

ShootingInVT
    (2/7/03 12:09:47 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Coyote hunting...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hey all! I just got back from a Predator calling seminar here in VT sponsored by Primos game calls. It was great. I've shot at coyotes before but only when I was out deer hunting or out at the farm shooting groundhogs or something. They are a hassle to the deer herd/turkeys and an animal that I would not think twice about killing any chance I got. There were door prizes and I got the Primos Squeker and the Primos Screamer game calls. Basically they are both just turkey diaphram calls but they produce high pitched tones. You can make turkey sounds with them but they are very high pitched like I just said. I learned so much about where to hunt coyotes, how to lure/call to them and also how to setup for a successful hunt. I wouldn't mind sharing my new found bits of knowledge if anyone is interested. It was great of Primos to let one of their many representatives share his thoughts.....sorry spell check was taking to long..hope there aren't to many mistakes!

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/7/03 10:00:20 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Coyote hunting...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi,
    Coyote calling is a blast. It can get very exiting when they pop up right in front of you. I use squeaker and screamer calls as well.

Ignorance is a crime in 49 states. In the other one it is bliss.

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/7/03 1:34:47 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Coyote hunting...
    This be the right place and the right time for hunting story telling, ShootinginVT -

Take all the space and time you want to tell your yarns.

'Course, some of us here try to stick to the straight and narrow when regaling others in our storytelling!
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

ruffitt
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/7/03 3:56:54 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Y'all meanz that stikken to stories what iz straight shootin an dead-eye on are more better'n spinnin yarns 'bout things we be thinkin er dreamin 'bout?

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/7/03 4:56:13 pm)
    How d'ya diseenguee sh betwixt the 2, Ruff!?
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

ruffitt
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/7/03 6:42:04 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    I dunno Kdub. Kinda hard sometimes ta tell the diff'rence tween a true story and a tall tale

SkiingFool1974
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/12/03 3:32:41 am)
    Welcome to TFF ShootingInVT!

Where in VT are you? I'm in S. Burlington.

Evan

ShootingInVT
    (2/12/03 11:26:59 pm)
    I am in Essex Jct...right down the road...this is really a great forum isn't it? I love to hear the stories from people in other parts of the country. I am sure that hunting in other locations has it's ups and downs but hunting in VT is really something special! You aren't going to find the trophy animals that you find elsewhere here in this state as far as deer go. The hunting isn't any easier though...much more difficult in fact in many respects! The turkey population is really blowing up though. I have been seeing a flock over near the Home Depot/Walmart area...have you seen the birds I'm talking about? Talk to you later...thanks for the reply...

PS - Try to stay warm....colder than a well digger's arce in the Yukon lately!