Craftsman 20" Chainsaw

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 22WRF, Sep 28, 2004.

1. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

Don't buy one
    The handle is just plastic, I had a pine log I just cut off bump the carrying handle and it snapped off (It didn't hit hard enoughto put mark on the handle)

Took it back to Sears they said I had abused the saw and repair wouldn't be covered by warranty.

So much for Sears no questions ask warranties.

BTW It was made by Poulan
  2. Craig

Craig New Member

Homelite & Stihl in my shop
  3. Pabooger

Pabooger New Member

Nothing but Stihl's here as well!!!
  4. njretcop

njretcop New Member

That's funny Pa,

Ma tells us that you are never still!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
  5. tideman

tideman New Member

Poulan, or as we call 'em down here in TEXAS, "Pull On's", ain't worth a heck. They're makin' many saws for many different companies and puttin' that companies name on it. But, they're still Pull On's!

Stay Stihl.

Tideman [Cuttin' Up TEXAS]
  6. Nole

Nole New Member

Stihl here the best that there is. I had a buddy tell me that we should have just gotten a cheapo then i told him that they are cheap for a reason the more costly ones and the more costly ones are costly for a reason. Well he did not believe me oh well he can go waste his own money. But as for a chain saw stihl is the way to go we never had a problem out of ours. And it has been abused too.
  7. ken w.

ken w. Member

I would go back and say "satisfaction of your money back" just like it says on the door.I bought one of those saws a few years back and the oiler keeps pukeing out.And I know how to repair and adjust the darn thing.Another one to add to the ever mounding piles of stuff in corner of the garage. :D
  8. ibtrukn

ibtrukn New Member

dont tell me pullins aint no good. using the same 16" now 7 yrs old an still cuttin. U gotta use the rite mixture an keep oil in the chain case-duh, an it helps to keep the chain outta the dirt an SHARP!! Next saw gonna b a Husqvarna, all the real pros aroun here use them an mebbe a stihl for "trimming" I got a 4 yr old 16" sears never aoutta the box, still stapled up/ $110 U pik it up here. :cool:

or trade for a Parker AAHE 410 uhhuh!!! :cool: