1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Crazy types of shotgun rounds

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Tony22-250, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Tony22-250

Tony22-250 New Member

There are some crazy shotgun rounds out there that would be fun to shoot here are some. and if you have any that we haven't seen put them here.

Hornady SST Sabot Slug

[​IMG]

Flechette Round
    This fires many small arrow type projectiles!!!
    [​IMG]

Dragons Breath
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ7ByHkoDFA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzCYFg-gYUk

Bolo round
    This round consists of 2 slugs held together by 6' of piano wire. Once fired the slugs spread the piano wire apart.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNT93P3DlS4

12-Gauge Aerial Diversionary-Device
    I have fired a couple of these round through a Benelli M4. you fire up in to the air at a 45 degree angle and a couple seconds later you see a flash of light and a loud bang about 250 feet in the air. it is not strong enough to cycle the bolt of the Benelli.
    [​IMG]

Frag 12
    [​IMG]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhDPoVm74To
  2. 6x6pinz

6x6pinz New Member

3. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

Here is my bean bag round. I love these things, I allowed my father to shoot me in the back with this thing at 60ft and it knocked me on my face and left a bruise the size of football on my upper back around the right shoulder balde.

Attached Files:

4. Agentwil

Agentwil New Member

Has anyone tried the flechette rounds. Most of those rounds are crap but I'm curious as to how affective the flechettes are.
  5. old semperfi

old semperfi Active Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    the flechette type rounds were not very effective,at anything shot of close range they lost velocity,they were used in my marine corps company for a very short period of time,i am not sure they were even legal for milatary use at that time. old semperfi
  6. 6x6pinz

6x6pinz New Member

the chainmail rounds are very effective on stuffed animals. They were the only round to really impart damage to the purple dinosaur's face. Dragons breathe is kind of fun, sort of like a fireworks display but be careful around combustible landscapes:)
  7. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
  8. Esteban

Esteban New Member

I have seen these loaded in a shell with #2 shot added. NASTY !!!
  9. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

Here's another one. It's a round .65 ball (unrifled slug) plus six 00 buck pellets in one shell.

It seems to me that this guy would do some damage to anything it hit.
  10. Gatofeo

Gatofeo New Member

Remote Utah desert, separated from Oblivion by a s
    When I was a USAF Security Policeman at Lowry AFB in the mid 1970s, I knew a Denver PD detective. He said they'd take a regular shotgun shell, open the crimp, and pour out the shot.
    Then, they'd pack the empty wad cup with Duxseal, which is a gray putty that never hardens.
    They used it for riot control. Hit a guy with that soft putty slug at close range and, according to the detective, it would knock him on his Hannity and leave a fist-sized welt -- but never broke the skin.
    Knock the wind out of the agitator, though. Then the cops would rush in, grab the gasping troublemaker, and haul him back behind the police line for a free ride to the station.
    I've often wondered how well it worked; all kinds of urban legends about shotgun shells out there.
  11. bigiron1

bigiron1 New Member

12. chuckusaret

chuckusaret New Member

M79 40MM Flechette rounds were used quite extensively in I Corps in 70 and 71 by the Army. The guys with shotguns used slugs and 00 buck mostly.
  13. me2

me2 New Member

i see the goons took the video off u tube already :( what a bunch of loosers there a bad as photo bucket if you have too much skin showing in a picture they will delete the picture :(
  14. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Wish I hadn't seen this. You know I have to try it. Maybe not in the 10 gauge though, I think 20 gauge against a double thickness cardboard backed target would be a nice test.