creation

Discussion in 'Religious Discussions' started by jack404, Nov 4, 2011.

1. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

big topic and i know Terry has a lot of interest in this area

i'm a creationist evolutionist

i believe God made the heaven and the earth and everything in the universe

but not in a day but in His "Day"

i believe He got the Big bang going and things rolled on from their ...

to the point that we developed to the point where we stopped being just a evolutionary critter , to one that could hold a soul

and with that soul came knowledge of God

a short Video for you all http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCsA2sFdjv8

see what you think , i know some folks will be upset by this , i aint saying i'm right , i am saying this is what i have come to believe from study and observation and prayer ..

some folks have big objections to say we came from monkeys but thats not correct in my belief .. the ape path was a tool God used to create us from star dust to all the way to life via cellular growth and all the things in nature as they are all from God

again what i personally think , just me , no hassling folks what they think

PS ever notice a common theme throughout the galaxy ?

the stars to our DNA all have something in common

Fractal maths
  2. HunterAlpha1

HunterAlpha1 Former Guest

3. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

I am indeed a firm creationist.

I KNOW that God created all that is, including us.

I BELIEVE he did this through special, fiat creation; ex nihilo, if you will.

And of course, I could be wrong - He is, after all, God, and could have created us through whatever means he chose to use.

I have a friend, John Davison, who is prof. emeritus of zoology from the University of Vermont. He has written extensively on origins, and has come up with the Proscribed Evolutionary Hypothesis to explain the modus operandi God used to create all that is using evolution. In my many years of study, it is the ONLY viable theory utilizing evolution to bring Man into existence which I have ever come across.

The problem with the evolution of man from lower creatures, who evolved from lower creatures, who etc etc all the way back to single celled organisms is this:
    For this to work, we must get increasing complexity with time.
    A simple organism must give rise to a more complex, and that to even more complex, etc. until the end result (man) is virtually incomprehensibly complex.

This move from the simple to the complex is something that is NEVER observed in nature; just the opposite is true. In the natural world, the complex which we observe is constantly breaking down into the simple. The watch wears out, the computer stops functioning, shiny steel knife rusts away into it's basic elements. Nothing EVER moves the other way; yet for evolution to bring us about from single celled organisms, it HAS to move the other way.

Prof. Davison postulates that God created basic creatures with the genetic imprinting already in them that would bring about future increases in complexity!

The main line evolutionists, of course, ridicule him for this because he is a noted scientist who DARES to mention the possibility that God had any part in our existence - -

Prof. Davison has been published in several peer-reviewed journals, has published a book as well, and I have with his permission re-printed several of his papers on my discussion group, Talk About Origins, HERE.

If you are interested, go there and download them soon - due to complete inability to locate any Atheistic Evolutionists who are willing to debate the issue, I will be closing that forum in the near future strictly due to $$.

I will be keeping open my Creation website open, however, if anyone is interested.
    Genesis Record

I have not updated it for some time, but will be adding more soon.
  4. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

i actually get their answers magazine. :) (& enjoy reading it, when i get the chance.:rolleyes: lol!)

i believe they are affiliated w/ http://www.drdino.com/.

i am 100% creationist in belief. as the bible states it, is what i believe. i am fascinated w/ creation, my son even more so than i. we have dr. hovinds creation seminar on tape & they are loaded w/ scientific information. ours are vhs tapes, i need to reorder so that we can have the dvd's. my kids & i have watched them over & over through out the years.
  5. Juker

Juker New Member

I believe, as the Bible states, that God created man in His own image.

And if we evolved from apes, why are there still apes? What are they, slow learners who didn't get the memo? Left behind? Left out? Maybe the ACLU should file a lawsuit on their behalf - the disenfranchised nonevolutionized primate.

I admit to being baffled, verily yea, even vexed, dare I say amused, by comedic theories of evolution. "The Supreme Ruler of the Universe, Who existed before time began, couldn't possibly have created all those complex life forms - but it is entirely reasonable to think that we transformed ourselves from dirt and monkeys and primordial ooze. Yup, that must have been what happened." :lmao2:

I recall a ditty we sang in Sunday School back in the early 60s: "God created man in His own image, God created man in His own image, Let the monkey climb the tree, He's no kin at all to me, For God created man in His own image."
  6. Juker

Juker New Member

p.s.

Whenever I find myself questioning God and His ways, or thinking "I'd have done this or that, Lord..." I to to Job 38 through 40:2 and get all my answers from Him. This passage is nothing short of staggering.

1Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,

2Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?

3Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.

4Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.

5Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

6Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;

7When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

1Moreover the LORD answered Job, and said,

2Shall he that contendeth with the Almighty instruct him? he that reproveth God, let him answer it.
  7. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    That's a good choice of verse Juker! I also believe that God created man, just as the Bible says he did. I believe what I see, and read, in the Bible. I don't try to twist anything, I don't try to change anything, and I don't look to man for understanding of God's word. I look only to God, and his word.
  8. Caneman

Caneman Active Member

something didn't come from nothing...

a pretty cool side theory developing regarding this is the speed of light, more specifically that the speed of light was much much faster and has been slowing down exponentially ever since the big bang... the theory is called "c-decay"... this accounts for the biblical account of the earth only being 6000-8000 years old...

also, CERN (the giant atomic super collider) just discovered that some atomic particles may actually be faster than the speed of light... a scientific heresy!
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  9. Archie

Archie Member

Jack, I'm with you. God is without doubt the Designer, Engineer, Builder and Sustainer of the entire Universe - and anything else that might exist outside (?) the Universe. The word 'day' in Genesis - indeed throughout most of the Old Testament - is the Hebrew word 'yon' which means a 24 hour day, or a period of time such as '...in the day of David...' The text of Genesis chapter one clearly shows what is called a 'day' is not a 24 hour period based on the rotation of the Earth.

I also think God has a lot more 'time' to do things than most Christians - including Ken Ham and Hank Hanegraaff - give Him credit. However, at some point the ability to question HOW God worked Creation became politically incorrect in the modern church.

The dating of the Creation of the World was done by James Ussher, Bishop of Armagh. It is loosely based on Biblical texts, but is absolutely not part of the canon of the Bible. It is something 'added on' by a faction of Christianity. An integral part of Bishop Ussher's book, Annals of the World is the end of the world - according to Ussher, the man who determined the world was created in 4004 B. C. - happened in 1997. This fulfilled the 6,000 years of the world's existence mandated by the Six Days of Creation. For some reason, this part gets ignored a lot in this 'day'.

I believe God is a just a bit more patient, a bit more powerful and a lot more imaginative than the YEC faction believes. At the same time, I'm sure I don't give God enough credit for just how patient, powerful and imaginative He is. But then, one cannot stuff the infinite into the finite.
  10. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

actually the more i learn about Science , the more i see God's hand in it all ..

and i am still in awe at it all and now we are getting to the very very small , to me anyway, its getting clearer and clearer
  11. American Leader

American Leader Well-Known Member

I'm with Juker all the way. I find it incredible how people continue to question Gods ability to do whatever he wants anyway he wants. We poor humans just aren't satisfied unless we have the answer to everything. We just discussed the Blessed Trinity the other night and tried to figure that one out. I think when it comes to God we would do ourselves a favor to just accept Him!
  12. Python

Python Former Guest

:yeahthat:
  13. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

100% with you on the fractal thing. It appears the smaller things get the more they repeat. I'm not sure, but i believe some stunning revelations are coming our way. have you played with fractal antennas yet? I do not believe the universe is in chaos. It is in perfect harmony. Not a man made idea of static balance. That doesn't exist. Change is the harmonious factor. Fractals are fascinating. I'm a strict evolutionist, though.:) It seems infinity goes in both directions. I have the strangest feeling it all meets somewhere.
    PS- I believe when man became aware of himself( Eve eating from the tree of knowledge), that is when we recieved a soul. Why couldn't she have eaten from the tree of immortality, while she was at it?
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
  14. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

we already have immortality. its just not all spent here on this side of eternity. :)

she was tempted w/ the tree of knowledge, by the enemy of her soul.
  15. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

immortal . pass, seen too much junk already , i actually look forward To Glory, when and if .. immortal then, yeah ok! cause i know Who's in charge of that and i know "All will be made whole "

i'm a bit further along than antennae.. try sub atomic equations
    i'm very good with Chaos as well and the name now to me is a joke , its beautiful !!!

and only One could Create Such magnificence , now applied to DNA and you can go from single cell right up to what we are today , recepticals for The holy Spirit , but its very hard to show folks this wonder when its taken myself a lifetime just to get to the edge of understanding , and i really dont have the words to show it as it should be shown ..

from the quarks to Galaxies , they have the same numbers , transpose those numbers to cellular life , as what the folks who are playing with DNA now are doing and i see The Hand of God . and they match , but i warn you now , the numbers are HUGE ..

i dont care if i'm wrong somewhere as i know i am not perfect , but i do believes it shows in me my faith in God is well placed and not a esoteric thing , my faith has been reaffirmed by what i study and learn

THERE IS a Divine creator of all we see and touch ( full stop)

does all this show me more about God ? not really as all i see is already in The Good Book , but it does allow me to see the meaning behind it in a very few cases

And its taught me a lot , things in God's time dont equate to our time , and that through Him ALL things are not just possible , but likely ...

If He says something , it'll happen ... when or how i have stopped worrying about .. as i know in my heart it will come to pass , in my time or not is not important , only that Our God does what he says .. the only part of me that really matters to Him is the bit most of us neglect, our Souls ..

so i pass my days as active as a i can be to make as much right as i can , because i do not know how long His plan will take to pass , so i better be busy till then or i pass on , but no matter what i do , His plan rolls on in His time , not mine or this worlds ..

like i said this is a personal belief , i dont try to teach it , spread it , or say its correct , but i do look for outside idea's feedback etc

maybe its my way of seeing why things are as they are , maybe i worry too much , maybe i seen too much and seek explanations ..

it dont really matter i suppose as one day i will get all the answers i am after , but i suppose then it wont matter much eh ..

keeps me busy though .. and for now , thats ok ( again, for me )