1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Creedmoor No1 Derringer

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by mikez71, Feb 25, 2012.

1. mikez71

mikez71 New Member

My father owns a pistol and asked me if I might be able to get it repaired. It is a oddity. It needs a hand spring. I am hoping someone here might know where I can find parts for it.

Manufacturer: Creedmoor
    Model: No1
    Caliber: 22 short
  2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Creedmore was a trade name used by Hopkins and Allen. If it's a derringer, it don't seem like it would have a hand.

If you posted a picture or three, it would probably help.
  3. mikez71

mikez71 New Member

Thank you for the responses so far. I was a little ahead of myself. The gun with the hand spring problem was a H&R model 733 that I fixed a few weeks ago for a friend.

my fathers gun is a derringer sized revolver. The hand spring works on it. The problem with this gun is the spring that pushes the trigger out when the hammer is pulled back. When the hammer is pulled back and let go, it just falls forward. If you press the trigger forward and pull back on the hammer the hammer locks back into place and the gun is ready to fire. I need to find a replacement for the spring that pushes the trigger forward.

I have included a few pictures this time to help.

Attached Files:

4. mikez71

mikez71 New Member

The writing on the top of the gun is a little obscured. I looked at it through a jeweler's loupe. It reads "Creedmoor No1" It is the only markings or writing i have found on the gun. I have not taken the handles off yet though.
  5. Jim K

Jim K New Member

One source says the Creedmoor name on revolvers was used by Chicago Firearms Co.

The trigger return spring is broken and there are no original parts available. You might be able to make one if you know how to make flat or V springs. You would just have to figure out how it is made from the gun or from the broken part if it is still there. Wolff has spring assortments for some of the old guns.

You might try a personal message to StoneChimney who posts on this site; he does work on some of the old guns and charges a fair price. For the most part, gunsmiths won't bother because cost of repair will be more than the gun is worth.

Jim