The Firearms Forum banner

Crescent Victor Ejector Single Shot

41K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Old Grump 
#1 ·
Mopar MadMan
(9/14/01 9:30:58 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del All Value & Info on Victor Ejector 12 gauge? shotgun
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello,
I have acquired a couple of old guns and am trying to find their worth and what age they are. I will post them separately.

This is the other gun. It measures about 45 ¾" at its longest part. The barrel is about 30" long and it has a site dot on the end. The hammer, trigger and the latch to open it all work well. Stamped on the side is "Victor Ejector Crescent Firearms Company Norwich, Conn U.S.A." There is also a number 12 with a C in a diamond stamped on the same side. On the top of the barrel it is stamped "Genuine Armory Steel.
To check out some pics go to:
home.shianet.org/~cheese/shotgun.htm

I tried just to paste the HTML here but it didn't work.

Thank you in advance for any help you may offer.
Jim Cheesebro

Flhunter
V.I.P. Member
(9/14/01 10:35:48 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Value & Info on Victor Ejector 12 gauge? shotgun
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's a start:

Crescent Firearms Co. Meriden and Norwich, Connecticut.
Circa 1890s-1930s. Acquired by H.D. Folsom Arms Company.Circa 1893. Eventually absorbed by j, Stevens Arms & Tool company, Massachusetts. Circa 1932. Manufacturers of large quantities of low and medium priced shotguns under their own house and various trade names.

I'll see what else I can did up for you tomorrow, its getting late over here tonite.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Welcome to the board!!!!!

Guns don't cause crime anymore than flies caues garbage.

Mopar MadMan
(9/15/01 9:18:46 am)
Reply | Edit | Del RE: Value & Info on Victor Ejector 12 gauge? shotgun
Hello Flhunter,
Thank you for the welcome and the info. I look forward to hearing from you.
Jim

Flhunter
V.I.P. Member
(9/15/01 3:11:04 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: RE: Value & Info on Victor Ejector 12 gauge? shotgun
I have done a search on the net here is a link to the results:
www.google.com/search?hl=...irearms"

On some of the links you go to it is helpful to hit Ctrl F and do a search of the page for Cresent.

The Doc should be along soon to help us out. His expertise far exceeds mine.

Guns don't cause crime anymore than flies caues garbage.

AntiqueDr
(9/16/01 7:55:54 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: RE: Value & Info on Victor Ejector 12 gauge? shotgun
Your shotgun was made by the Crescent Firearms Company in the 1920's. This was prior to their acquisition by Stevens.

The value on the gun is around $75.

Interestingly enough, the most famous "Victor Ejector" was that same shotgun action in .410, but factory-made as a pistol with 12" barrel and pistol grip. That style of "Auto and Burglar" gun was popular in the era, and is now regulated under the National Firearms Act.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I also have a Victor. It's stamped: Victor Special, Crescent Firearms Co. Norwich Conn. with a 12 and a "G" inside a diamond. It was my great grandfathers, then grandfathers, then dad's and all have passed on...I want to restore it and shoot it on my dad's birthday. Numrich Gun Parts has a few parts for it. Any idea how old and I noticed on the parts list auto eject and non-auto eject. How can you tell? My barrel is missing the forend assembly and Numrich is sold out. My dad started a carving on the stock which I will finish and want to do some engraving on it also. Check my album here for photos.

#4 ·
Crescent Firearms Company made several million firearms over its lifetime ( 1892 until mid 1930's ) All of Crescents records were destroyed in the mid 1930's so there is no reliable record of manufacture dates. An auto eject feature will pop out the shell when the action is opened, on a manual eject the shell will only rise a small amount and you have to remove it the rest of the way by hand. To restore your shotgun, the forearm will be the challenge. The wood can be carved but it is the metal attachment items that is all but impossible to find. Your best bet is to try and find a old beat up like item and cannibalize it for parts. If fact I believe that is the only way you will be able to restore it. Sorry about that.

#6 ·
Hey, I got one too, are you calling me an antique? Actually it once belonged to Great Grandpa and it has a buffalo, a few horses, pigs and cows, several black bears and a whole lot of deer to its credit. I don't much like shooting it with full loads because it knocks the snot out of me but I shoot it every once in awhile just because. #8 trap loads and it becomes a squirrel/rabbit gun. Great Grandpa was a bunch tougher than me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.