CRKT rules

Discussion in 'Knives & Edged Items' started by RMT, Aug 13, 2007.

1. RMT

RMT New Member

Who else likes CRKT?
  2. k98k792

k98k792 New Member

I do!
    I have carried an M16 Zytel since they first came out. It is well worn,been resharpened may times, but seems to be indestructible. Lately I have been carrying a Boker AK74 at times,but more often then not the CRKT goes with me.
    My favorite before the M16 was a Gerber drop point bolt action.
  3. martbo

martbo New Member

I like them too. I have a Falcon neck knife I carry alot.
  4. patrol

patrol New Member

I love my M16 Columbia River Knife and Tool brand. The flipper deployement is neat and the blade is quality. It's also one of the easiest knives I have to sharpen on my Lansky kit.
  5. obxned

obxned New Member

I bought an M16-10KZ (serrated, tanto point) at Wally for $20. I expected a cheap knife with soft steel. I bought it to see if I liked the style.

It opens cans, saws though wet, sandy poly rope, and general rough useage and still keeps a good edge.
  6. Tom Militano

Tom Militano New Member

I've got several and they're great knives for the price. My EDC is a CRKT Point Guard. Dressed up knife is a Mayo.
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2007
  7. wuluf

wuluf New Member

here's my EDC, a CRKT My Tighe, along with some friends
    [​IMG]
  8. RMT

RMT New Member

Got another CRKT the other day. Desert Cruiser, I love it. I actually got 3 of them (on a good deal). Gave two to my older brothers and kept the 3rd.
  9. Bindernut

Bindernut Well-Known Member

I just cleaned house on CRKT blades at one of the local chain sporting goods stores with a 50% off sale. The guy behind the counter said they were getting rid of the old manual LAWKS knives to make room for the auto-LAWKS ones. Same models, but the safety latch is spring-loaded on the new ones...as a lefty I find the auto-LAWKS hard to fumble both latches to close the blade.

Got another two M16 aluminum for myself, another 4 M16 Zytels for gifts and general toolbox knives (I always have one of them at work with me). Also got an M4 and a Longs Peak folder. Stinks that the Long's Peak is just 420J stainless instead of the AUS8 like the Carson series blades (AUS4 in the Zytel models), but it'll be more of a just-in-case dress knife anyway.
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2007
  10. Smoky14

Smoky14 Member

I like them more if they had two sided sharpining. OK as a weapon but not good for precision cutting.
  11. sportour

sportour New Member

I have a Point Guard and a M-16, carry both of them every day. I also sent my grandson a Hisatsu folder. He's a Marine with the 3rd Div. and stationed in Baghdad. I thought it might just give him an "edge" if things got up close and personal.
    With CRKT, Gerber, Kershaw, Leatherman and others here in my neck of the woods you can see that Portland OR has more to offer than just some of the finest beers in the US.
  12. djohns6

djohns6 New Member

Decent knife for the money . I did break the tip off of one but I was using it to pry up the edge of a board . My fault , but it broke VERY EASILY .
    I still carry one at times though .