Croatian First Pistol; PHP MV 12

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by K75RT, Oct 12, 2010.

1. K75RT

K75RT Member

Recently purchased this from SOG for $239 in quantities of 2 or more they are $199 ea. The Croatians made the PHP MV 12 and the PHP VM 9, the latter has a 4"bbl. These are an unusual pistol made from 1991 to 1994 during the Croatian War for Independence. They are a conglomeration of the Walther P-38 and the Beretta 92...The pistol frame is mostly P-38 like in that the trigger and sear are quite similar; the slide has no hammer-drop safety infact the safety is frame mounted and once set the trigger is pulled whilst holding the hammer the hammer is gently lowered. The front of the frame has a Beretta look to it the takedown is unusual. The pistol uses a single non- captive recoil spring mounted on a fixed stud under the barrel. This pistol kinda looks like the pistol Swarzeneggar carried in Red Heat! It might not be everones cup of tea but I think their rarity will increase value kinda like the Albanian SKS....Oh yeah, these are made by the same firm that makes the XD and XDm line of pistols for Springfield.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Boris

Boris Former Guest

Looks good!

How does it shoot?

JMO, that thing makes a Glock look pretty!
  3. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

Very unusual pistol-I like it!! Is it a single stack or double stack magazine?
  4. K75RT

K75RT Member

It is a double stack 16rds of 9x19
  5. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

I have to get one now. Thanks.
  6. old semperfi

old semperfi New Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    advise us if its a good shooter,i am croation on my fathers side so i would be interested in buying one. old semperfi
  7. JoeV

JoeV Active Member

I was thinking the same thing. I am Croatian on my mother's side, and would like to have one just to add to the family memorabilia.
  8. mtnboomer

mtnboomer New Member

Oklahoma by birth. America by the grace of God.
    I've seen a couple of distributors carrying this and the second generation Croatian pistols, but I haven't seen them selling extra mags. Where can you get them and how much are they?