Cross bow was found, Two of three arrested!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Big ugly, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

My camping out worked to an extent. The first night was a wash due to fire ants. About 2 hours into the night I must have shifted and disturbed their nest cuz they ate me up. I left the Quad runner out in the yard as bait and put an empty hard case on the frount rask like i was goin out huntin. First night a car went buy real slow and about an hour later it returned. the next day it came buy two more times. After dark on the second night they came back with a truck. The yayhoos drove past twice before temptations took effect and they pulled in. I called the LEO as they were backing in and they said they were sending out a car. I waited till they got out of the truck and I Shot the grill out of their truck with a bean bag. I will tell you a bean bag a 30ft will mess up the radiator on a Nissan pick up. Any way the cross bow was still in the truck. One gypster was aquired walking down the road and the second and owner of the truck was picked up at his home. The third was still at large. The ages was 18 18 and 21. One of the 18 year olds was the son of a county official, and he was driving his fathers truck.
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
  2. pinecone70

pinecone70 New Member

Well, two less criminals out there in the world. Nice work!
  3. islenos

islenos New Member

nice, glad to see the crossbow back where it belongs
  4. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

Great News! Congrats! I was starting to worry about you this morning!

Kudos to you! :D
  5. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

I am goin to the doctor when I get home tomorrow fo my feet though. those damn ants messed me up.
  6. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

Great, you got them. Lets see what the judge will do. Extremely proud of your efforts. The ants are probably going to be more punishment than the bad guys get.
  7. Suicide*Ride

Suicide*Ride New Member

CLAP, CLAP, CLAP, CLAP, CLAP, CLAP, CLAP, CLAP, CLAP, CLAP, CLAP, CLAP :D:D

Chalk 1 up for the good guys!! Congrats on catching those punks! Really glad to hear you didn't have to use lethal force. I wish I could've been there to see them run!

Big Ugly, you have my sympathies re: your Fire ant bites! I helped a woman change out her car battery on the side of the road, & when I got home I started feeling the "fire" up & down my legs. Dropped my pants in the middle of the livingroom, only to find about 100 of the little buggers! Seems I was standing in a nest while changing that car battery. They're called Fire ants for a reason! :D

Make sure to update this thread w/ the crooks get their sentances.

BTW - What did the law say about everything? (comments from LEO on the scene) Did they (LE) know you were waiting for the thiefs to return?
  8. ARB

ARB New Member

A job well done! All of us would like to know the specifics, though. I'm suprised that you didn't get a tongue lashing for firing on their truck.:D
  9. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    And I will tell you that a bean bag between the eyes of an angry pit bull only makes it angrier...

Quite an adventure Big Ugly, good for you and I'm glad it ended well.
  10. pawn

pawn New Member

11. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

They alredy knew what was being planned. The bean bags actually was a under the table sugestion from a Brantley County Deputy that I will neglect to mention here. It seems in southern GA the use of non-learhal force is not frowned upon too much. As long as I did not point the wepon in the the direction of the perps I could not be charged with anything. I was told however that there was a possibility that I could be sued for the damage to the truck cuz the whole vehicle was not on private property,(the front wheels was still in the road). The LEO's said that this was not the first time the boy had commited a crime, it was his first as an adult though From what I over heard that the driver was the son of either the county commissioner or some other office. As far as tha ants though, That is one species of animal I will not cry over if they ever become EXTINCT.
  12. graehaven

graehaven Active Member

That's fine and good, but be ready for reprisals.

After the collapse, there will be no LEOs to call upon. You'll be on your own - an no need for bean bag rounds then.

Maybe the fire ants will come in handy though. :eek::D
  13. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Man that is great, but sorry to hear about those nasty ants, ouch.

I wish you could post a video so we all could see the look on their faces when that shot gun blast shattered the quite of the night!!

My hat is off to you sir for a job well done!!

How many bean bags to go before lead started coming out of that thing anyways?
  14. FJF0311

FJF0311 New Member

Got to love it, when a plan comes together!

More people like you, and there would be a lot less people like them.
    My hats off to you!
  15. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

I had it loaded fully with the bags. I had a S&W 41 mag with an 8" barrel for back up. I do have one thing to post though that was a little nerve racking. On my first night after ant attak I moved my blind about 40ft from the original spot. I moved the blind and a few odds and inns the first trip and place the 41 in the blind and went back for the coffee and the shotgun and I found my self lookin at a balckbear nosin around my first camp. Hee was mabbe 200 lbs or so. He stood up and was about my hight and I'm 6'2. I yelled at em and hit em with a dirt ball and he took off like I shot em. He has been around the house before so I knew how he would react. But still commin up a a bear in the dark with only the glow of a street light is a eerie thing to behold. By the way the bears name is Fred and has been a member of the community for about three years.
  16. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Good job on catching those scumbags! I HATE a thief!!!:mad::mad::mad:

And about fire ants....I grew up in Florida. I know all about the fire ants. We get them here in NC in the summer, but they disappear in the winter. I love it when NC natives complain about the fire ants. I'm just like, "Pffft!!! Go to FL THEN tell me about the fire ants!":D:D:D:D:D
  17. rosierita

rosierita New Member

i'm glad it worked out so well for you!:) sorry bout the ants, those things are terrible.
  18. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Come to think of it, I've not been bitten by an ant since I moved up here:eek:
  19. WomenofCaliber

WomenofCaliber New Member

20. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

I like it sometimes when a plan falls apart. Kind of like in the stillnes of the night and some one is up to no good and....END OF THE WORLD!!!!