Cross removed from chapel in Afganistan

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by Marlin T, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

This could only happen under the Obomber administration.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Cross removed at Afghanistan base
    By: Tim Mak
    November 23, 2011 08:29 AM EST

A large cross that had been prominently displayed outside a chapel on an isolated military base in northern Afghanistan was taken down last week, prompting outrage from some American service members stationed there.

“We are here away from our families, and the chapel is the one place that feels like home,” a service member at Camp Marmal told POLITICO. “With the cross on the outside, it is a constant reminder for all of us that Jesus is here for us.”

“Not having it there is really upsetting,” added another. “I walk by the chapel daily on the way to chow and the gym, and seeing the cross is a daily reminder of my faith and what Jesus accomplished for me. It is daily inspiration and motivation for me to acknowledge my faith and stay on the right path.”

Camp Marmal is a German base that hosts NATO forces. The interfaith chapel in question is supervised by the U.S. Army.

The soldiers said they found great comfort in the chapel — and the cross visible outside. “Sometimes the Church and the ability to openly express religious views ultimately gets people through the deployments over here,” one told POLITICO by email.

The service member said he asked the base chaplain, a military officer, what had happened to the cross. “I had to take it down,” said the chaplain, according to the solider, without further explanation.

Pentagon spokesperson Commander William Speaks confirmed the cross was removed and told POLITICO, “The removal was, in fact, in accordance with Army regulations” and pointed out that the Army chaplain manual prohibits permanent display of religious symbols.

“Distinctive religious symbols, such as crosses… will not be affixed or displayed permanently on the chapel interior, exterior or grounds,” reads the manual.

Speaks said the cross had been up since mid-October; the service members said it was longer.

The two characterized the removal of the cross as an attack on their religion and noted that there had been no complaints from Muslims — there are two mosques on the base — or Jews, who had recently conducted a service in the chapel without incident.

“I really don’t understand why Christians are always attacked. If it was a crescent moon on top of a mosque, it would never be taken down,” said an Army serviceman.

“We would just like to know where the line is. The chaplains wear different religious symbols on their uniforms depending on which religion they are. Is that the next thing to be targeted?” added a second service member.
    [​IMG] © 2011 POLITICO LLC
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

read about this the other day , sent a email thanking the Army for surrendering without a battle and for their dedication to dhimmitude .
  3. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

4. rcairflr

rcairflr Active Member

Does this surprise anyong? I hope you guys out their who support this war and us spending 100s of billions of yours and mine taxpayer dollars to rebuild their country and making Islam even stronger and us weaker are just happy as could be with this war.

BTW, lets all go out and buy some gas, OPEC needs more of our money in order to destroy us.
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  5. rcairflr

rcairflr Active Member

If we would have fought WWII the way we are fighting this war ( and I use the word "fighting" and "war" very losely) Germany would have won in a year and we'd all still be speaking German today.

Am I the only one out here that realizes that this "war" is making us weaker everyday and making them stronger.
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  6. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

japanese here...
  7. rcairflr

rcairflr Active Member

Sorry Jack, I didn't mean to leave the "would have been" Japanese speaking nations out.
  8. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

no worries , glad you folks did fight as you did ..

really wish you'd do likewise again NOW .. these ROE's are just chewing you up for no gain .. us too ..
  9. rcairflr

rcairflr Active Member

Fat chance of that happening. This country is broke, divided and allowing the enemy to poor across the borders. The government is corrupt and 35% of the people are in their pockets. In 5-8 years the country will be going through what Europe is right now, the difference being that it will drive the whole world into a depression. China and Russia will come out the back side of it being the worlds superpowers.
  10. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

BUT AINT THAT THE PLAN ?? THE FREE WORLD WILL HAVE A CRISIS WITH ISLAM , THE uN WILL STEP IN TO "SAVE THE DAY" we'll just have to surrender some rights for it all to work .. throw away your constitution for the time being , and as you'll all have to work so hard together to save the world you may as well become one giant super state ..

one world government
  11. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Yep to all that, I think you boys covered that one pretty good.

This brought a smile to my face, thanks Jack. I talked to my Dad tonight who is a WWII vet by the way (82nd AA), and your statement reminded me of him.
  12. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

simple fact , if you folks had not had of gone the southern path on the pacific and won

the brit's where gonna give away the top half of Oz , and you know how long that would have been the status quo ...

i do like Macarthur's responce , " gentleman , my new HQ will be in brisbane as of next week ) brisbane the capitol of Queensland was 100 miles north of the line the brits wanted to surrender , if it wasn't for macarthur a small majority here would have done what the brits said to do ...
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  13. snipete08

snipete08 New Member

It's kinda rude to remove a cross without any one complaining for its pietism or some Muslims protesting about religious symbols. I wonder if the author of the manual was an atheist or skeptics or something...
  14. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

The other side of that may be, the author(s) never dreamed that christian servicemen would ever be under attack by their own commanders in order to be politically correct.
  15. snipete08

snipete08 New Member

True, I get your point. Who would have ever dreamed of that... Perhaps, it would be great if things like this should have been anticipated before putting into print. Some soldiers are religious and rely on faith, while some are not.
  16. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

Jesus, does the chaplain still wear one on his uniform. I'm not a religious man but I am spiritual. Some people need help finding the ghost.
  17. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    I see no problem, they are obviously an advanced civilization and have no need for heathen Christian/Jewish soldiers, or our guns or our money or our equipment or our volunteers building schools, roads, clinics, etc. We can go home, the Muslim soldiers in our military apparently like the religion, let them volunteer to stay behind and let their brothers in the cult pay their expenses. They want to be left alone and I agree, they should be left alone.