The Firearms Forum banner

Crossbow bolt points for various tyes of game

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  targetacqmgt 
#1 ·
Ok what type of bolt point is recommended for a 175lb crossbow if the game is:

1. Deer

2 Bear (I think this maybe an insane suicidal use of a crossbow)

3. Hogs (same here suicide???)

4. small game- *****, squirels ect.:D

#2 ·
Deer, bear, and hogs, I like the Rage 2 blades. They are mechanical, but very good choices. If not them, Slick Tricks or Muzzy's work well. Hunt the bear and hogs out of a tree stand. Both are likely to charge depending on thier mood and how bad you hurt them.

Small game means Judo points. They are blunt and have wire hooks on them to catch grass so you can find them easier. They work great. Although, I did have a tough squirrel haul my arrow with a judo point up a tree, never to be seen again. $11 gone. Of course, I'm sure it showed up in some poor little girls yard somewhere later........

#3 ·
Deer, bear, and hogs, I like the Rage 2 blades. They are mechanical, but very good choices. If not them, Slick Tricks or Muzzy's work well. Hunt the bear and hogs out of a tree stand. Both are likely to charge depending on thier mood and how bad you hurt them.

Small game means Judo points. They are blunt and have wire hooks on them to catch grass so you can find them easier. They work great. Although, I did have a tough squirrel haul my arrow with a judo point up a tree, never to be seen again. $11 gone. Of course, I'm sure it showed up in some poor little girls yard somewhere later........
Dang fella terrorizing the neighborhood children shame shame:D I will copy your suggestion to wordperfect and added it to my tech doc collection Thanks

#4 ·
NAP spitfire2 for deer, hogs, bear, elk, turkey, etc..

Thise little wire dealies for wabbits and hares.

#6 ·
Here is a commercial made bird point. The ones we used to make were done by drilling two holes in the field point, and running two 8" peices of piano wire thru them. A little soulder on both sides of the wire will hold them in place. They work like a flu-flu arrow in that they won't go far, and are easily found. Arrows for deer, squirrel, and rabbits have all been covered, so .......

https://www.abbeyarchery.com.au/p/MA73/Snaro+Bird+Point+3".html

Attachments

#7 ·
Here is a commercial made bird point. The ones we used to make were done by drilling two holes in the field point, and running two 8" peices of piano wire thru them. A little soulder on both sides of the wire will hold them in place. They work like a flu-flu arrow in that they won't go far, and are easily found. Arrows for deer, squirrel, and rabbits have all been covered, so .......

https://www.abbeyarchery.com.au/p/MA73/Snaro+Bird+Point+3".html
got it-added to data base-thanks:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.