CT. PERMITS UP 90%

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by BETH, Sep 16, 2009.

1. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

Ct. is on a roll gun permits up 90% from 2008 and most are women-how about that guys
  2. kutaho

kutaho New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
  3. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

come on Kutaho what is that face for, women can shoot also
  4. kutaho

kutaho New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    face says "COOL"
  5. Deathbunny

Deathbunny Former Guest

Y'know, it always struck me as kinda odd that more women don't have guns.

Picture this: You have to go to a desert island. You (and those like you) will be half of the population. The other half will be people that are-- on average-- larger, stronger, faster, more agressive, more violent and statisticly more likely to cause you harm. Wouldn't you get a gun? Yep. Me too.

We gotta convince more women to be armed.
  6. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

When my lady friend has accompanied me to several private clubs (that I hold memberships in) and starts to shoot at 25 yards with a 1911A1; many men have suddenly remembered that there are chores that they need to go do for their wives.

Its nice to have a range almost all to your self.
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  7. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

As i told some of my fellow workers--i may not be able to catch u in a chase--i may not be able to beat u up but i can sure pull a trigger and i think other women are starting to realize that
  8. OBrien

OBrien New Member

90% THAT'S FREAKING AWESOME Wish it would catch on around the country. Minus the needing a permit part.
  9. Suwannee Tim

Suwannee Tim New Member

I think it is great. My wife decided on her own to pack iron. Nothing funnier than the look on some bad a**es face when he figures out "OOPS! I don't have the upper hand, he/she does! And now I'm at their mercy, not they at mine."
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  10. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

What does a CT 'permit' entail? Many of us live in states with no 'permits' required so I'm curious as to what it means. For instance, a person obtains a permit once. Do they have to obtain a permit every time they purchase a new firearm or is one permit enough? How long does a permit last?
  11. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Ponycar, in the state of Florida you have to either attend a training class given by a certified instructor and that consists of classroom time and live fire exercises normally around 4 hours long or you have to have prior military or police training or such. You are then fingerprinted by your local authoritys and send it all off with a fee (around 130 bucks here) for processing. An FBI check is done and if all is ok you are issued the permit. Takes approx 60-90 days. It used to be good for 3 years but Fla. has increased its duration to 5 years. Almost every state is backlogged.

About 2 months ago the Dems made an attempt to grab the funding that pays for the processing of permits. Keep in mind that this fund is made up of money collected by permit seekers and not tax dollars. The Dems tried to intimidate Gov. Charlie Christ by threatening to take the money from some of his other much needed moneys if he didnt comply. He Vetoed their attempt and stood strong in the gap for our money and our rights. My hat is off to him for that. That would have put the brakes on permit processing. Hope this answers your questions.......
  12. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

In Ct. u go to local police station with birth certificate get fingerprinted after u have taken a gun safety coarse ($100) at local police u give them 3 checks of $35-$35 and $19.25 to process everything then u wait for a temporary CCW good for 60 days once u get that u go to state ($35.00) for your permit which is good for 5 years, after that renewal is $35.00 for another 5 years--i let mine lapse so i had to start all over again i have now been waiting over 6 weeks for temporary
  13. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

OK, I didn't understand that you meant CCW 'permits'. I know that some states require permits to simply purchase firearms. I thought at first that's what you were talking about. SC has similar requirements for CCW (aka: CWP) permits. Thanks for the clarification! :D
  14. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

You can't purchase a pistol without a permit. what does it cost in S.C
  15. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

There's no permit required to purchase a pistol in SC. When you go to purchase the pistol, you submit to an instant background check. Your name and pertinent details are called into the state law enforcement division (aka: SLED). You're either told yes, no or wait... There is no fee for the instant background check. If you have a Concealed Weapons Permit the call is waived since your background has already thoroughly been checked. All Southeastern states operate this way to my knowledge.

As for the cost of a Concealed Weapons Permit, you usually need to pay $60-100 for an instructor to certify you in firearms safety and range time. Next, you pay the state a $50 fee every 4 years for a concealed carry permit. We can legally carry in the glove box or other latched compartment of a vehicle without a permit of any kind. Carrying on one's person is what costs... :)
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  16. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

thanks for the info
  17. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Ponycar, in the state of florida even if you have a concealed permit you still have to have the background check. Only difference is that you can take the pistol with you right then and not have to wait the 3 day cool off crap.
  18. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

In Mississippi when purchasing a gun, the permit is itself the background check.

You can purchase and walk out with the weapon and no background check. I believe that the theory is that since you don't get a permit here until the FBI background is complete, that the permit itself constitutes a sufficient check and proof of your being "okay" to purchase.

Glad to know that the Peoples Democratic Republic of Connecticut has a permit. I was under the impression that the Wooden Nutmegs were as liberal and bad as the PDR of Massachusetts. It wasn't so bad when I was growing up in Kensington during the late thirties, forties and early fifties..... :) :)