1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Cucumber salsa

Discussion in 'Ruffit's Domestic & Wild Game Cooking/ Recipe Foru' started by Crpdeth, Nov 21, 2009.

1. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Here's something a little different, totally easy and I'm telling ya, you are going to love it.

Mix together in a large bowl;

1 large tomato diced
    1 Cucumber diced
    2 Avocado diced
    1/2 - 1 onion diced
    Jalapenos diced
    Cilantro to taste
    Apple cider vinegar/oil (I like olive or flax oil)

I like to play around with this one, occasionally adding stuff like chopped lettuce, bacon bits, etc will give it more of a salad feeling or heating it up with some cayenne or habanero powder is really nice too.

There are recipes out there that use corn, garlic, mango, parsley, dill weed...

If you come up with a variation that you like, lemme know 'cause I love this stuff!

Crpdeth
  2. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

I made some more of this stuff tonight and thought I'd post a picture.

Attached Files:

3. pmeisel

pmeisel New Member

I've done something similar for years, without the avocados and jalapenos.... so you gave me a new idea!