Curious about the Stoeger Couger

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Mosin_Nagant_Fan, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan Active Member

2. SilentScream80

SilentScream80 New Member

I bought one about a year ago, shoots fine, however the magazine catch broke after about the third magazine, and i can't seem to get Beretta to send me the correct parts.
    But Yes they are a nice shooting gun, very accurate.
  3. BigSkiff

BigSkiff New Member

I own one and carry it everyday. It is very accurate and the rotating barrel helps to control muzzle flip. It has very nice balance as well. I've had the gun for a couple of months. It really impressed me. I've run nearly 1500 rounds through it at the range without a failure of any kind. I replaced my Glock 21 with it as a carry gun. It's more accurate, slightly smaller, and 9mm is much less expensive to practice with than .45acp. The price is also attractive. I bought mine locally for $389 out the door. List price is currently $429. Some guys don't like the plastic grips. I'm in the minority here but I like them. They fit my hand well. You can get wood grips from Houge or from Beretta for them also. All in all it's a very nice gun.
  4. artabr

artabr New Member

5. raveneap

raveneap New Member

Some time ago, I was searching for a Beretta Cougar and couldn't find one. I did find a NIB Stoeger .40 cal Cougar and bought it. It's a great gun and in talking with a Beretta rep some time later, he said the Stoeger is "the same gun" as the Beretta. As an added benefit, it was about half the cost of a new Beretta.
  6. gaowlpoop

gaowlpoop New Member

I have had mine for a little over a year - I second all of the above comments.