Custom 38 SP

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Black Cat, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Black Cat

Black Cat New Member

High I am a new member and this is my first post. Hope I am the correct location for my question. If not Please direct me.

I just purchased a custom built 38 SP and have been trying to obtain some history on it. I have searched the internet, sent a letter to Maryland Gun Works. Ask Midway USA because the sell products manufactured by Maryland Gun Works.

The gun was built by Louis Ciamillo, Pistol Smith. Maryland Gun Works LTd. I believe in the mid 60's for Bullseye Compition. It is Stainless built on a Smith & Wesson Mod 64-3 K stainless version of Model 10 frame. It has an overall length of 11 3/4 and barrel length of 6". It is equiped with a Aristocrat Model TS-6 Tri-Set Sight Rib. and Pachmayr Grips. It is double action only and is the slikest I have ever experienced.
  2. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

Sounds like like a PPC revolver. Lots of customizers built and still build such revolvers. Today PPC is a dying game, as more persons are shooting IPSC, IDPA, Cowboy, etc.
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  3. Black Cat

Black Cat New Member

I believe you are right. I am trying to find more information of its history. Is Louis Ciamillo still living? If so how can I get in touch? Want to know what year built and cost.

Attached Files:

4. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member