custom colt delta elite

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by grsmithmd, Aug 27, 2003.

1. grsmithmd

grsmithmd New Member

I inherited a Colt Delta Elite 10mm, unfired, in a Colt presentation case. It is either silver or nickel plated I believe and is engraved with a leaf(?) pattern over about one fourth of the gun. The grips appear to be mother of pearl and the serial number is CDE-X. I don't know anything about this gun and would appreciate any information as I have been unable to find any. Thank you very much.
  2. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

Hello grsmithmd and welcome to The Firearms Forum.

Hopefully someone will be able to add more to the thread. So check back soon and often.

However, it sounds like something you would want an authority on Colt Custom guns to do an appraisal on.

The piece you are describing sounds like a Bright Stainless Steel with a Class A engraving.

Is so, the price could easily exceed $2K

Below is a link to Colts Customer Service.

http://www.colt.com/CMCI/custserv.asp

Please do keep us up to date.
  3. grsmithmd

grsmithmd New Member

I finally have pictures of my custom Colt Delta Elite, please, help with some information and possible value. (I haven't heard from Colt yet.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

According to my 1998 book here is what it says.

Colt Delta Elite (10mm) matte stainless steel finish:
    Mfg.'s 1989-96

100% 725
    98% 550

Add $78 for "Ultimate" brite stainless steel finish (disc. 1993)

Class 'A' engraving (1/4 metal coverage) add $969
    Class 'B' (1/2 ) 1199
    Class 'C' (3/4 ) 1783
    Class 'D' (Full ) 2289

Add 25% for stainless steel construction. Smooth Ivory grips were $215 extra. You really need the Colt people here.

Hope this helps.

Does it say Colt Delta Elite First Addition on the slide? That would add more because there were fewer made they were laser engraved.

Your grips look like either Micarta or Mother of Pearl, not Ivory.
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2003