"Custom made ammo" Scam/Fraud/Con Artist alert

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by StevenFBarr, Jun 12, 2011.

1. StevenFBarr

StevenFBarr New Member

Are you looking for custom made obsolete ammo?

I Also found an almost identical complaint on Yelp

Please read this cut and paste from my formal BBB complaint about Stars and Stripes Custom Ammo in Florida:

I Ordered $539.00 of custom ammunition. Was charged for it 3/2/11. Product never delivered. Called every 2 weeks, owner answers first "wait longer, it takes 3-4 weeks UPS ground ship". Waited, nothing, called again and told to wait longer. Called again seeking UPS tracking number and was told didn't have handy "will get back to you on that". Called 4th time told "maybe got lost in shipping, maybe shipping label fell off". Told to wait longer and he would research the item through UPS. Waited longer. Called and I told him if the order was lost, reship and give me a valid UPS tracking number. I was told "would reship today, and would email me the tracking number tomorrow". No tracking number sent. Called again and said just give me a refund or a valid tracking number. Nothing in 3 weeks. Filed Fraud complaint through US Bank Visa. Was told by Visa rep that this guy was obviously a very smart con artist because he knew to string me along past the 60 day filing limit and they didn't know if they could get my money back beyond the 60 day normal limit. I'm filing additional complaints through the BATF. Waiting to hear if Visa can get my money back.
  2. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

Thanks Steven, for the heads up.

Sorry that your first post had to be on such a bad note.

But besides the fact that I would be sick to lose $500+ on a con artist, ....

WELCOME to the TFF, and thanks for the post.
  3. Woodnut

Woodnut Forum Sponsor Supporting Member

Thanks Steven for sharing, I know a lot of folks on TFF that will appreciate the heads up. Sorry about your loss, but very glad you joined us here on TFF. I know you will enjoy the many wonderful people here and the experience they have to share with you.
  4. watsisname

watsisname Member

Thanks for the warning.
  5. Scott Marshall

Scott Marshall New Member

It's unfortunate this happened to you.That's why when people order ammunition from me,they do not pay until the order has arrived.Yes I do track my orders.Second I don't ship any ammunition or bullet parts USPS.Nothing but bad experiences with them.