Custom Mannlicher Shoenauer ID!

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by dleondeperal, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Contenderizer

Contenderizer New Member

I'll stick my neck out and suggest an auction value of $1,500-1,800. On a very good day perhaps $2,000.

This gun was likely engraved at the factory and the initials added at the point-of-sale. Bolt handles can be of any style on custom guns. It all depended upon what the customer or imported wanted.
    I don't see a tang safety. The safety is on the rear of the bold where it should be.
    I can't give much value to the scope because, in this case, I believe it only detracts from the looks. I believe the gun would have more value with the original iron sights. Nevertheless, its a great gun.
  2. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

As a collector of these Mannlichers, I would value this rifle at $1800 without the engraving. The superb quality of the engraving brings the value up to about $3500. If you are interested in selling it, click on my name and send me an e-mail.
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2010
  3. Contenderizer

Contenderizer New Member

Atta boy Wonder. Anybody that puts his wallet where his mouth is must know what he is talking about! I stand corrected.
  4. dleondeperal

dleondeperal New Member

This is the Safety I mentioned... Its missing the pushpiece but you can see where it is. Is this the regular safety system on these rifles?

-Diego.

Attached Files:

5. 22shot

22shot New Member

Boy; that is a new one on me!

That is the tang; that is/was(?) a slide switch ( like the Mossberg as posted ) and I'm guessig it had/has something to do with the set trigger assy.
    Can't be more specific as it's not in my hands ( I wish!).

The regular safety is on the bolt. It is that tab laying off to the left siide of the bolt. Cock the action ; and you can engage this safety by flipping it "vertical".

To disengage without dryfire; flip the safety down; raise up the bolt handle and retract. Pull the fireing
    triggers back and hold.....close the bolt; as you are lowering the the handle back into posistion; you will feel the tension of the fireing pin spring being relieved. No dry fire or sharp "SNAP".

contenderizer
    This gun does have the original sights!
  6. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Every time I look at those pictures I quiver and drool. dleondeperal, old Buddie, what is your address, state, city, street and house number. and oh, by the way do you have an alarm system, also just for the heck of it is there anytime of the day when every one is gone and the house is empty:D
  7. 22shot

22shot New Member

Thinking about that "switch" safety...

I think it is a secondary safety, which locks/disconnects the triggers.

That makes sense to me in that it allows for a quick response with a round in the chamber; and a flip of the switch.
    If the standard safety was engaged; you couldn't aim very well; it would block the sight picture as posted; by the time you got your act together that target would be long gone!

You have a gem, as per my original post.

I'd watch that RJay guy if I were you.

:D
  8. dleondeperal

dleondeperal New Member

Thanks for the compliments guys... I'm in Lima, Peru so it's gonna be tough to find me Rjay! I'll keep my eyes open though;) I will be shooting the rifle tomorrow after nearly 13 years of no use...

Diego
  9. BobMcG

BobMcG Well-Known Member Supporting Member

What an absolutely gorgeous rifle! I wouldn't blame you one bit if you didn't sell it.
  10. 22shot

22shot New Member

Try not to shoot the neighbors' Llama!
    :eek:
  11. Dale Fullington

Dale Fullington New Member

I have inherited my Father's Mannlicher Shoenauer 30.06 rifle and would like to know its value for insurance purposes and possible sale in the future. It has a patent date of 1908 stamped on the barrel with a number 6787 with the names Oesterr,Waffenfabr-Ges.Steyr. I'm hoping someone can provide me the information requested.
    Dale Fullington