CVA .50cal Blazer Rifle

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by Buford Allen, Jun 5, 2004.

1. Buford Allen

Buford Allen New Member

I've got a CVA .50 cal Blazer rifle. It has a unique design; the hammer and nipple are at the very back of the barrel instead of to the right side like my Bobcat was. It has extremely nice glossy wood and deep blueing. I cannot find this rifle anywhere on the web. It was my dad's and I am interested in finding out it's value and time of manufacture and why it was designed in such a way.

Thanks, Buford Allen
  2. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I've seen one, but never had the chance to fire it. Since I fire from either shoulder, I rather liked the idea of a center-line hammer.

Pops
  3. bambihunter

bambihunter New Member

So it's a center hammer (kinda like an inline) but the hammer's on top? Doesn't that interfere with sighting or is it still off to the side but just enters from the back?
    I just wish they'd make sidelocks with removable breechplugs for proper cleaning and inspection.
  4. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

When cocked, it doesn't interfere with your sight picture anymore than does a revolver's hammer.

Pops
  5. bambihunter

bambihunter New Member

Ok, well duh, that would make sense... :rolleyes:

Thanks for the clarification.
  6. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Any time, BH, any time. Glad to be of service. :D
    [/smarta$$mode]

Pops
  7. cornell22

cornell22 New Member

yeh I have the exact same model as that. my grandpa gave it to me a few years ago and my uncle had had it to use for a while but he couldnt get it to work because someone had dry fired it so much that the end of the nipple had flattend and it was hard to get a #11 primer on it so once I got it I took the nipple out and I ground off the eccess metal that was enterfearing with the primer going on. now that I have fixed it It shoots fine. I only wish that it had a removable breach plug. does anyone know weather or not there is anyplace to find out how much these guns are worth?