cva hawken ! is it SAFE!

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by gottit, Aug 26, 2009.

1. gottit

gottit New Member

Having been a user of a cva hawken (1992) and having used 70 gr with 245 ballet for years ( with great success on deer) is this load unsafe considering how unsafe the cva line ( inlines ) of firearms has been reported to be in the last years!!!??? what say you! gottit!!
  2. quigleysharps4570

quigleysharps4570 New Member

Your load should be under 10,000psi. so one should be alright. I think that in-line problem was coming from those trying to shoot 150grs thru them...seems to be the new fad. Had one given to me a few years ago...not an in-line fan so it's a loaner. The young man I loan it to has dropped many deer with it...course he shoots normal loads...80grs. of 2f Goex with those saboted bullets...no problems.
  3. old semperfi

old semperfi New Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
  4. gottit

gottit New Member

Hopen y'all would see it that way !! thx's gottit
  5. old semperfi

old semperfi New Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    i also have a cva 50 cal percussion,i generaly shoot 80-90 grains 777 powder wi th cci mag caps.i have had no problems at all.shooting .490 balls with patch. i have heard of no problems with cva percussion rifles old semperfi
  6. jjmitchell60

jjmitchell60 Active Member

Raised in Buzzard Roost near Frog Town in hillls o
    The unsafe aspect was where as stated many tried to shoot 150 grains through a NON-magnum in line. The in lines that are marked magnum can handle the 150 grains which is concidered the magnum load for in lines.