1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

CVA optima 209

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by IShootBack, Jul 9, 2003.

1. IShootBack

IShootBack Well-Known Member

Anyone have one or shot one of these yet?
    Thanks
    ISB
  2. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Not yet, but bring it over and we'll blow some smoke. :D

Pops
  3. Gunfyter

Gunfyter New Member

Not an Optima but

I have a Magbolt 150 That uses 209 primers.
  4. horsepowder

horsepowder New Member

yep!

bought the (blued) optima 209 mag last year.shot 300 round's out of it.very pleased with this inline.very accurate!AVG. 2.25 at 150 yard's.10! 3 shot group's after neroed in. with hornady 240gr.xtp mag. sabot's with 90-95 gran's.FFG. t-7 powder sub.. 2.5-7.0 pineridge scope mounted.

have a cva bobcat NO.11 cap's,(used)cva stag horn 209 mag.These two smoker's shoot out to 75 yard's at 2.00" group with 90gr.FFG. t-7 240gr.hdy.xtp's
    I think the stag might have been over loaded from the prevous owner.L.S.S.
    checked it out for me to make sure it would be safe to shoot.got the green light!,but he told me the barrel was a littel pitted at thebreach plug.

took it out,and that's as good as it get's.Any farther then that it's all over the paper. no matter what sabot,conical,powerbelt or powder I used.

well anyway the optima is the was to go.got to love the brake open's!
    easyer to clean too.going to try some power belt's next.
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2005