Cycloneman goes to work

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gabob, May 17, 2012.

1. Gabob

Gabob Active Member

Cycloneman Goes to Work~~~
    Parish, Louisiana:
    Cycloneman Goes to Work for BP and gets a job helping with the oil cleanup.
    He reports for work and is told to speak to a supervisor about his assignment.
    He finds the man and asks, "What it is I suppose to do?"
    The supervisor tells him to go to the animal shelter and clean the pelicans.
    Two hours later, Cycloneman comes up to the supervisor and says, "Okay. Dey all cleaned! You want me to cook some rice?"
  2. geds

geds New Member

Did he make a nice roue first? :D
  3. Woodnut

Woodnut Forum Sponsor Supporting Member

Reminds me of a time some years ago, I was dredging in the swamp off the Inter Coastal Waterway (GIWW), and had 2 Cajuns on the dredge with me. Every time anything flew over, (cranes, ducks, water chickens, coots, anything at all) they would point up at the birds and holler "GUMBO, GUMBO, GUMBO", and I think they really meant it. It was real funny to me.
  4. cycloneman

cycloneman Active Member

Daw gone right they meant it.

I know many gents like that. I r one too.

In fact when we look at critters our brain immediatly goes into the file cabinet to dig up a recipe for it. If we have the ingrediebts for it at home the animal dies. Its that simple. :D:D:D:D
  5. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

yep thats how it works here

see food diet

see it, shoot it, clean it, and cook it
  6. Woodnut

Woodnut Forum Sponsor Supporting Member

Well now for the "rest of the story".
    I ended up marring one of them Cajuns. Now me being from the hills of Tennessee, I thought I had eat about everything under the sun. Let me tell you this Cajun can cook anything and some of the best food I have every had. I had never had Gumbo until we met. She can make the best I have eaten since being in this part of the country.
    What's funny to me is that she will not eat squirrel, says it is a rodent. She would not eat venison until we met, now she cooks it all kinds of ways. I suppose the reason she didn't eat a lot of wild meat is because she was raised in New Orleans, right down in the city. But her family is all Cajuns and live all over the area.
    We have taught each other a lot when it comes to food, since we are from different parts of the country. Still cannot get her to touch Rattle Snake or Frog Legs though. She will cook them for me but will not eat it. But will eat Gator, go figure.