1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Cylinder for Ruger New Mod. Blackhawk

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Buford Allen, Nov 9, 2004.

1. Buford Allen

Buford Allen New Member

Will a .357 cylinder from a Ruger Blackhawk fit a "New Model" Blackhawk .357 without any smithing? The reason for the question is, I've seen several for sale on eBay but most of them are for the Blackhawk. I'm not even sure of the differences between these two pistols, as I've never owned the Blackhawk, just the "New Model" Blackhawk. Mine also has "Made in The 200th Year of American Liberty" on top of the barrel. Are these pistols any different from the rest?
  2. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

The 'New Model' signifies the change to the transfer bar ignition system that allows the revolver to be safely carried with all six chambers loaded. The cylinders are the same. Note that cylinders will NOT drop in and work, they will have to be fitted to the frame window, etc.

The '200th Year' Ruger pistols simply note their manufacture in 1976. The rollstamp is the only difference, and it does not bring a significant premium unless absolutely new in box and you find a motivated collector/buyer.