CZ 452 2E SPECIAL

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by let's trade, May 26, 2006.

1. let's trade

let's trade New Member

I have a .22 that I really like, but am thinking of offering for sale or trade, and am not sure of it's worth.

The gun is a CZ452 "Special" These were offered in the mid 90's and they became either the Trainer or the Lux, depending on who you talk to. The wood on mine is nice, but not overwhelming. The gun has the European style "hogback" butt and schnable forend, and it does have the Tangent sights and the barrel is about 25". I know that there have been two versions of this gun, one has a 28+" barrel, an mine is the other, with a 25+" barrel. The gun is in 99% condition with the box and papers. there is a small bit of freckling on the side near the front sight, but that spot is almost un-noticeable. Gun has only had 225 rounds from a 500rd brick put thru it.
    The gun also has BKM (I think it is ) technologies sights for this gun that are also extension rings, to get the scope to set back where I want it it be. These things were $40 delivered from Brownells. the scope is a Chinese 4x that is styled to look like a Ziess 4x, and for what it is, is quite nice. I think you can get the same scope from CDNN for about $40 delivered.

I would like to know opinions of the value of the gun as a package as described, and also without the scope (gun & rings). This whole setup was a gift from a guy that owed me a little cash, so that is how it came to me, but I am wanting a Savage 22 bolt gun with that heavy barrel and the accutrigger, and just want to know if I should try for a straight trade, or a trade and some boot.
    thanks to all!
  2. Huck Finn

Huck Finn Member

I paid $209 for mine brand new at a gun store. It's a real tack driver. Considering it's relatively low trade value, I'd come up with the cash & keep the CZ. I don't think you'll regret it.