cz 452 Mannlicher

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by pawn, Jan 16, 2010.

1. pawn

pawn Active Member

Yes Sir.

After purchasing a plethora of CZ rifles and pistols I have finally gotten around to buying the rifle that 1st captured my attention and brought me to the CZ brand: CZ 452 ZKM 2E Mannlicher Full Stock.

IMHO, now is the time to buy the CZ 452 in your favorite flavor because it is being phased out to make way for the CZ 455. The 455 is said to have the ability to change barrels to swap caliber in the rimfire of your choice. The American Version of the 452 is already gone. :( Many are concerned that the new and improved will incorporate cost savings specs putting the next edition below par of the beloved CZ 452.

Time will tell. Heads up.

I get my new rifle Monday :D Here is a stock picture of the 452 FS:

Attached Files:

2. Danny Creasy

Danny Creasy Active Member

Congratulations on a wise purchase.

I have owned a 452 FS for six years now. It is one of my favortie .22 rifles. I used it at Camp Perry last summer to place 10th out of 157 shooters in the open sight class of the National CMP Sporter Match. Don't laugh too hard at the giant T Shirt. I was a little late in going over to the T Shirt trailer to claim one and asked for a 2X. The gal said they were all gone. "How about a 3X?" She tossed me one and I grinned and said thanks. Didn't realize until I got home that it was a 4X. Nice tent huh?:rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Sometimes I have had various scopes on it but I always seem to come back around to the open sights.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  3. pawn

pawn Active Member

Nice pics Sheffieldshooter. I am really excited about this rifle. 452 Mannlichers are getting pretty hard to come by.... after I purchased mine from Buds I noticed the price increased by $30 for the listing so they must be running low as well.

Congratulations on your shooting accomplishment with your 452 FS. As for the shirt, tis rather large ;). Better too big than too small :rolleyes:

I appreciate your comments.

PS, I believe I recognize your screen name from RFC. What model of front shooting rest are you using in the last pic?

Mark
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  4. Danny Creasy

Thanks.

That's a Caldwell Rock BR.
  5. mr.t7024

mr.t7024 Member

One nice looking rifle, enjoy and good shooting! :D
  6. accident

accident Well-Known Member Supporting Member

thats a beautiful firearm SheffieldShooter.You seem to know a lot about CZ's.I just bought a used/like new CZ452-2e ZKM. It is .17hm2.I don't know really anything about these rifles,Do they all come w/hvy barrels?Its the best shooting gun I've ever shot.Maybe someone would be kind enough to enlighten me. Joe
  7. pawn

pawn Active Member

Here is a link to CZ-USA:

http://cz-usa.com/products/by-category/rifles/

If your rifle has a heavy barrel then it's probably the 452 Varmint, an excellent rifle. IMHO, per dollar spent, you will not find a better rifle in terms of quality, craftmanship, fit/finish and accuracy.
  8. Danny Creasy

Pawn is correct. It is probably the CZ Varmint if it has a heavy barrel.

And to add to your confusion, all of the CZ 452s (American, Varmint, Special, Trainer, Standard, Silhouette, Style, Lux, UltraLux, and FS) have receivers marked with "CZ452-2e ZKM".
  9. pawn

pawn Active Member

LOL :D

Those Czechs like to try and confuse those who are easily confused (me :eek:)
  10. accident

accident Well-Known Member Supporting Member

They confuse me too. Pawn is right.I looked it up from the sight given.Not because I doubted anyone I just was curious what info they would give.If the centerfires are of equal quality,I know what I'm saving for! Joe