CZ 452 scope advice plz

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Jboy, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Jboy

Jboy Member

Finnaly got a CZ 452 American and need a scope. Want a light variable scope with the ability to have a target knob installed on top so that I can easily adjust for range.

Suggestions for scope and mounts for this are most welcome.

Planning to install a new sear and lower the trigger pull kit also.
  2. bamajoey

bamajoey Well-Known Member

I just put a Center-point 4-16x40 on my American and love it. About $70 from Wally World.
  3. fungus

fungus New Member

Just put a Bushnell Trophy xlt 3x9x40 with the Circle X reticle on my new 453 American. Haven't had a chance to shoot it but I love the optics! Mounted on the CZ rings. Got the scope for $108 from Bud's Guns and that included the Butler Creek flip up covers already installed.

Attached Files:

4. da357mag

da357mag New Member

If I understand you, do you want a scope with a way to focus it? if so tha is an adjustable objective (AO) and there are a lot of scopes that can be had with this ability. The center point mentioned above is a good scope, I had one when I first got my CZ452 special. Ended up putting a Tru-Glo 6-24x44AO that cost
    about the same as the center point. If you want something that will compensate for bullet drop BSA makes a series of scopes called the "sweet" series. They are for .17, .22, and .223. I know they make a 6-18 sweet .22, you can find them at Optics world. com :D Doug

BTW If you are looking for "target turrets," most of the "varmint-target scopes have them, they allow you the see what your settings are for given ranges. So if you "zero" at 50 yards you can loosen the turrets and set them to zero, and when you change ranges you can dial in your new range settings. You do this by seeing what you have to change the scope to
    when you shoot that range, and take notes! It makes it easier later. Also different ammo will shoot differently at the same range!:eek: It can be a headache tring to remember all the settings. That is why notes are important!:D Doug

[​IMG]

this it the Tru Glo I got for it, it has the turrets I spoke of.
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2010